Another Shortened Kickstand

I've had a couple occurences of the bike just being too upright when on the sidestand. So I took it off, brought it into my shop guys, and took out 3/8". In my eyes, it looks OEM. And it sits at an angle that I'm FAR more comfortable with.

Attachments

• ks5.jpg
    ks5.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 50
  • ks1.jpg
    ks1.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 45
  • ks6.jpg
    ks6.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 44
  • ks12.jpg
    ks12.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 46
  • ks7.jpg
    ks7.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 47
  • ks9.jpg
    ks9.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 50
  • ks4.jpg
    ks4.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 50

edgelett

I still cannot believe someone hasn’t marketed a shorter stand for this bike.
probably cause its such a cheap and easy mod to do. provided you can weld or know a welder. if they were to sell it, it would have to be so cheap it's not worth it for them.

Blue1

Indian kickstands are weak, even unmodified, so you should avoid sitting on the bike and leaning on the sidestand.

With that being said, just taking (very little at a time, like .030") off the stand stop/frame interface, will work.

It is a lot less expensive than having a stand cut, welded smooth and re-finshed.

probably cause its such a cheap and easy mod to do. provided you can weld or know a welder. if they were to sell it, it would have to be so cheap it's not worth it for them.
I probably should add that this only cost me a 12-pack of 90 Shilling (beer). It's all in who you know, right?

Indian kickstands are weak, even unmodified, so you should avoid sitting on the bike and leaning on the sidestand.

With that being said, just taking (very little at a time, like .030") off the stand stop/frame interface, will work.

It is a lot less expensive than having a stand cut, welded smooth and re-finshed.
I probably should also add that I'm a huge dude. I'd be worried to ever sit on the bike while on the stand. Ever. With any bike. :oops: