Are the collections worth it?

Zigg

I'm a little confused with these so-called collections (Tracker, Sport, Rally, and Tour). It doesn't look like they are sold as a packaged product, but more as inspirations for us to customize our bikes. Am I getting it wrong? Which collection do you think is the best out of the four?

K9F

I am hopefully getting an 'S' if it ever gets here but not a Race Replica. I don't want a complete package but am choosing bits and pieces from each to suit my needs for both aesthetics and for longer haul trips when I need to carry more. Dealers may offer a deal on a complete package but mine seems to be selling everything separately. Stock on many of the items are indeed already available.

Zigg

It does seem like even the collections are still open to further customizations, so maybe that's where the dealers will come in. I'll just take these collections as checkpoints of what kind of build I'm aiming for and add more items from there. It's nice to see so many options and that the stocks are looking good.

K9F

Popped into my local dealership today as heard the first batch is in and the owner has already done a little 'fettling.' Was duly informed my bike will be in the next batch. Whilst I was there I picked up a set of the aluminium radiator guards from the 'Rally Collection' so I can get them into hydrographic dip before the bike arrives to tone them down a bit. What interested me more which was outside of the collections was the fact he had already produced a stainless steel decat pipe to rid the machine of the strangulating catalytic converter. The bike to which it was fitted has already covered 300 miles and the difference quite noticeable. Also was an aluminium billet black anodised tail tidy which had been also locally produced with a hinged number plate mount which could be angled accordingly dependent on the size of your plate, on this was affixed two tiny Rizoma LED rear indicators and a replacement LED number plate light. This really finished off the rear end quite nicely getting rid of the huge 'girder-like scaffolding appendage' to which the plate comes fixed as standard. I came away approximately £400 lighter having paid for the latest 'must haves' that I didn't really honestly need. Still the bike should come exactly as I want it without having to mess about thereafter. I will post pictures when it arrives and the kit is fitted.

SURLY

Popped into my local dealership today as heard the first batch is in and the owner has already done a little 'fettling.' Was duly informed my bike will be in the next batch. Whilst I was there I picked up a set of the aluminium radiator guards from the 'Rally Collection' so I can get them into hydrographic dip before the bike arrives to tone them down a bit. What interested me more which was outside of the collections was the fact he had already produced a stainless steel decat pipe to rid the machine of the strangulating catalytic converter. The bike to which it was fitted has already covered 300 miles and the difference quite noticeable. Also was an aluminium billet black anodised tail tidy which had been also locally produced with a hinged number plate mount which could be angled accordingly dependent on the size of your plate, on this was affixed two tiny Rizoma LED rear indicators and a replacement LED number plate light. This really finished off the rear end quite nicely getting rid of the huge 'girder-like scaffolding appendage' to which the plate comes fixed as standard. I came away approximately £400 lighter having paid for the latest 'must haves' that I didn't really honestly need. Still the bike should come exactly as I want it without having to mess about thereafter. I will post pictures when it arrives and the kit is fitted.
Did the dealer fit the decat without a remap my bike is coming tomorrow with decat fitted but no remap dealer says the ecu will deal with it no problem.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Ride it before the decat. Then after to determine how you feel about it with the oem tune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SURLY

Oops decat already gone fitted by dealer before delivery. so cannot try. Will try it when its a warm day its winter here so may be a few days wait have already checked out the dynojet power vision so any probs and that will be coming should fix any issues.

Max Kool

So while we're debating whether we will still have warranty after a reflash, dealers remove the cat without a reflash.... 🤔

SURLY

Have been with this dealer for years always looked after me he did the decat and will take care of any issues.
And he suggested the power vision tune.

SURLY

Spoke to dealer this morning he says decat is fine as long as you leave the baffles in which is fine by me I like a nice exhaust tone not one that makes me look a dick.
Got bike yesterday it was pissing down and today the rain will not stop so sitting in garage talking to bike and drinking tea
Shit this thing is so pretty :love: