Aussie Owners - new AH2 ECU update

Aleko

My situation drew criticism on the FB forum. My 2019 base was purchased used with 500 miles. The previous owner kept the catalytic converter but added a Toce slip on and Lloydz Garage tune. (hand held device) My bike ran great for 150 miles then when into misfire mode- Flashing service engine light and 2 codes I dont remember but they were "cylinder misfire" none the less. I took it in to my dealer and I did fully disclosed the aftermarket tune. Their diagnosis was the tune was not completely compatible and was the cause of my misfiring. They down loaded their REVISED Indian tune and my bike runs excellent. This cost me $130 obviously not covered under warranty. Have put over 1,000 fun miles on it since the revised tune was installed. The critics on FB forum said I should have re loaded the original 2019 tune before taking in it. 1: In this modern age automobile and motorcycle techs can see whats been installed and or uninstalled. These are computers and leave a trail. 2 Its been proven that in some bikes- not alot but some the hand held tune can cause issues. From my involvement on forums its not alot of bikes that act up. The Sending in your ECU for reprogramming is the best option. I was told this by Ryan Randall in an email. I am considering sending him my ECU but really my bike does run great and I may put that $500 toward a luggage rack and other goodies.
I just had the factory Indian reflash done to fix the cold start stall.
On the way home when I was down shifting from second to 1st to stop at a set of lights it stalled once which was quite a surprise, however so far I’ve done about 150 k’s and it seems to be going okay however I do get the occasional backfire through the standard exhaust which is leading me to believe that it’s running a bit rich mind you I do ride fkn pants off it.

Aleko

If it ain't broke...
If you’re happy with how it runs then I wouldn’t bother spending the money .
I just took the bike to Indian so they can do the warranty re-flash because of the cold start problem .
It’s stalled once on the way home when I was stopping at a set of red lights going from second into first .
That same day I did about 150 k’s and seems to run fine .
I did about 70 k’s today and it runs really well and I do get the occasional backfire but that’s when I’m hauling arse . So it runs a little rich..

JK75

Hey there, I'm driving an 2019 FTR 1200 S RR and it runs so bad with cold motor! It stalls and it's nearly not drivable till water got temperature of 50-60 degree celsius! It is total stock! So I'm from Germany. Is that AH2 update available in Europe too???

Aleko

Hey champ i have had my bike from new for almost 1 month and unfortunately that's how they run.
They need a factory software calibration which is available through your Indian dealership.
I have just done the software upgrade and it does take a little bit for the bike to get used to your riding Style.
I'm not yet convinced it's a fix.
Most owners around the world have given up on the dealership and upgraded by putting a slip on exhaust getting a better air filter an aftermarket tune through dynojet.
I have not done that yet but I'm 90% convinced you need to do that.

bbuettner

I'm in the USA and bought a new 2019 FTR S this spring. It had the AH2 update already installed.

It stalled several times on every cold start and ran like crap until it warmed up.

I added a S&S slip on exhaust, cat delete pipe, and a FuelMoto/PV3 tune.

It now starts right up and runs great at any temp - highly recommended!

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Hey there, I'm driving an 2019 FTR 1200 S RR and it runs so bad with cold motor! It stalls and it's nearly not drivable till water got temperature of 50-60 degree celsius! It is total stock! So I'm from Germany. Is that AH2 update available in Europe too???
Your owners manual will tell you to let it idle for a few minutes to let it warm up. These bikes run poorly when cold.

bbuettner

If it was just "runs poorly when cold", I would have been OK with that.

Mine stalled 2 or 3 three times on every cold start - unacceptable!

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
I was referencing the "nearly not drivable till water temp hits 50"

yeah the cold stalls, not good, ah2 does fix most of that.

Fuse5

JK .. maybe another solution? Contact Thomas (member here to) for a request ..u need the PV3 for.

Last edited:

edgelett

As far as I know, AH2 is not available in Europe.
that may change down the track. It took nearly a year before it came out in Aus. Now dealers are installing it as a matter of course.
check with your dealer when you next need to take it in, they might still be doing testing (which is why it was delayed here)