btw...

Max Kool

Little annoying thing btw, I don't have tapatalk on my phone (don't need it), but since a while I can't select the Safari "Continue" button anymore.... Just doesn't work, while the tapatalk button does work....

Halp!

IMG_7722.png

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
I only use Tapatalk unless it’s to clean up the forum or delete spam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Max Kool

That's ok, but something is wrong with that popup on our site, it doesn't register the Safari "Continue" button....

Could I kindly ask you to pass this on to the website's admin? Could be something simple with the Tapatalk plugin (tapatalkdetect.js).

FYI, I 've been a webmaster for years, and this whole Tapatalk is an extortion scheme imho. The plugin is free for webmasters/forum admins, but forces its users to have "a better forum experience" and download/buy Tapatalk....For some background information read this.

Last edited:

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Oh yeah I don’t pay for it. I don’t need to upload high res pics or be add free.

K9F

I suddenly like this forum format way better than the other one. 🤟😎

Whilst exclusivity may be desirable it remains more active on the other site in the FTR titled threads. This one will go one of two ways, the same 'Usual Suspects' will continue to post keeping the site on life support until it eventually closes, or hopefully business will pick up? Whilst the other site's format has changed I too cannot access this one with the same symptoms as Max with regards to mobile devices which will have a negative impact on people posting.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
The Canadian owners of the other site will eventually cause it to fail. They mainly only care about advertising. They all but killed the other forum for gm trucks I’m a mod on. Especially with their latest roll out which is a mirror copy of what the new Indian forum looks like.

And most of the activities over there is from non ftr owners anyway, and grumpy old men.

Last edited:

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Little annoying thing btw, I don't have tapatalk on my phone (don't need it), but since a while I can't select the Safari "Continue" button anymore.... Just doesn't work, while the tapatalk button does work....

Halp!

View attachment 177
@techadmin this is the same thing I noticed as well, this site is unable to work on your cell phone in safari, it keeps taking you in circles always wanting you to open tapatalk

Max Kool

No difference, still get that popup. Which as such is ok, but it doesn't respond to the Safari "Continue" option. Still can't use Safari....

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
It’s the same. Oddly. It’s only when you click on a thread. You can navigate the site without that popping up

Admin

Founder
Staff member
I Changed the settings but Taptalk wants 10 dollars a month to disable it... its advertising for their app.. I think I will just disableTaptalk on the site.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Ouch. That’s bs. I was wondering why Tapatalk wasn’t working.
I guess they aren’t getting enough users to pay for their stuff.