Cab Dragon Steve Caballero artist series FTR1200 airbox covers....WHAT DO YA’LL THINK?

trey.hicks

7B0B295F-45D1-4EF4-9923-7F0F07AFB440.jpeg
i’m totally digging these tank covers. i’ve already got a set and may end up with another; the ridiculous thing is i don’t even have an FTR yet! Im totally gonna get one but i was afraid i might not be able to get my hands on a set of these Cab dragons if i didn’t snap them up right now. i’m curious how popular they are with the rest of you? yes or no? why?
laterz
TreyCF1A1F39-AFCC-408A-9860-B6AB55E0B175.jpeg

Murdock

To be honest ... they are a bit too much for me. I like more the standard design.

In the case I would go for a theme based design (like the dagon here) on the bike, two points would be important for me: The theme should not only be on the airbox but also catched up on other parts like e.g. the radiator cover, the wheels, lamp mask, fender ... things should match together. The second point is: When I would go to have an artistic brush on my bike I would like one that is unique and will not be seen on any other bike.

But like always: This is completely a question of taste and if you like the design you should definitely go for it. (y)

trey.hicks

To be honest ... they are a bit too much for me. I like more the standard design.

In the case I would go for a theme based design (like the dagon here) on the bike, two points would be important for me: The theme should not only be on the airbox but also catched up on other parts like e.g. the radiator cover, the wheels, lamp mask, fender ... things should match together. The second point is: When I would go to have an artistic brush on my bike I would like one that is unique and will not be seen on any other bike.

But like always: This is completely a question of taste and if you like the design you should definitely go for it. (y)
Ya, I can see that. being a steve caballero fan since the early 80’s and old school skate dad i don’t know if i like the dragons more because they look cool or because i know one of my favorite skaters of all time designed them. I do like that indian says only 100 sets are produced.

Murdock

That adds something special. If you are a Steve Caballero fan anyway it makes much more sense for you as for most others. And you could add some additional spots on your own to transfer the design to the rest of the bike.