Cardo Packtalk Bold???

I bought the Cardo Packtalk Bold the same day I came home with my FTR. But I feel like it's not working the way that it should.

I synced my iPhone 8+ with the FTR and the CPB. Then I synced the CPB with the FTR. All have the latest software updates as far as I can tell.

Is anyone actually seeing texts on your FTR screen? I mean, not that I need to. But with little ones, it would be nice to know if the wife says "meet us at the hospital". The other 99.9% of messages could and should be ignored while riding.

Also when you get phone calls, do you just see the number or do you actually see the name that is stored in your phone? Because I'm only seeing the number.

Also, I frequently use it music. It does fairly well...certainly sounds great. But sometimes it just stops. From the FTR screen, it would appear as if the phone is still playing. But I hear no music. I've also confirmed that I can still use voice commands on the CPB during this time for things like "volume up" and "radio on". Just nothing to do with my phone. I thought restarting the CPB when this happens but I can't turn it off. I've found when this happens I can't get anything until I stop the FTR, turn her off, then restart the CPB, and turn my bike back on. And when you're in a canyon, that just plain sucks.

Am I just that tech illiterate?

Oh...also...I have noticed that the voice commands are more limited when I'm on the bike. If I just sit in my house with the phone and my helmet, I get more functions out of the CPB. But when I'm the FTR, things like "hey Siri..." and "hey Cardo speed dial" do not work.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
I gave up trying to get the Bluetooth to the bike to work. I pare my Cardo to my helmet. And then plug my phone into the bike. I can still control the music via the screen or toggle. But still have all the cardo functions and use the cardo app on my phone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk