Cat delete pipe

JDP

Has anyone used the pipe to delete the cat yet? I think S&S has the pipe and muffler, I would like to just get that cat off for now

Max Kool

I know FM sells one, and so does More Speed Racing in the UK.

whatever you do, contact your tuner for advice (I know one that says it isn’t worth a cat delete: lot of extra noise but hardly any gains)

Last edited:

Unruly Rider

I did the cat delete pipe from Fuel
Moto, along with the tune. Love it.

Same, I went with FuelMoto for my PV3 with tune/map... and picked up the S&S slip-on muffler and link-pipe at the same time. Super happy with everything, bike runs much better and sounds amazing going through the gears!

Blue1

I noticed very little change in sound removing the cat and keeping the stock Akro exhaust.

But that single change is worth 8+ pounds. That's about one HP alone, plus whatever it contributes to better handling.

Since went to S&S slip-on (another 4+ pound loss) and PV3 with FM map, which I am working with FM to further refine fuel delivery, but those efforts are suspended until the spring for now.

Max Kool

Don’t tell me you feel a 12lbs weight loss on a 500lbs bike... it has to be at least 50lbs to become noticeable unless it’s rotating or unsprung mass.

jeez we’re not exactly shaving weight off a 2 stroke 300cc enduro...

Blue1

I can't feel twelve pounds, but it doesn't take fifty pounds to feel a difference.

In any case, weight doesn't come off in large bites, unless you pop several grand for CF wheels...you chip away at it.

Max Kool

Carbon fiber wheels will become available. Unfortunately in the wrong sizes, so even if were to spend $$$ on them, I still won't buy them (19x3" for the front and 18x5.5" for the rear).

Murdock

They are already there but as Max said: In wrong sizes.

And here is the story about it:

JDP

How does changing the muffler or delete the cat affect our warranty ? I know Harley-Davidson usually leaves it to the dealerships, also do we need to have the dealer do the first couple oil changes?

Max Kool

You can do all maintenance yourself, just keep record, receipts. Thank the Magnusen-Moss act for that.

irt to a cat delete, it depends on your relationship with your dealer. However, if something breaks it’s on them to prove it was caused by whatever mods you make afaik.

JDP

Thanks for the reply, I’ve worked with Harley-Davidson on warranty issues but this is my first Indian and wasn’t sure how they are, I think I might let them do my 500 mile service but do the rest myself, thank again

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Indian is much more relaxed than Harley is about it. Especially if you have a good relationship with your dealer.

I flat out asked the service guys at my dealer if they turn tune warranty into into Indian and they said no, as they sell tuners.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S2Davies

I know I'm a bit late to the party, but I was thinking of fitting a link pipe. Not for extra power or increase in exhaust note, but because I think the cat is so incredibly ugly. With all those link pipes in use now, can anyone answer a couple of questions for me please. Firstly, is there much difference in exhaust note if the Akrapovic pipes are used, and if the link is fitted, does it really throw the mapping off, is a remap a must or a nice to have?

Max Kool

It’s louder (much, especially with the baffles removed), and yes, you want a different tune/map.

If you buy one get the Toce link pipe. Best fit.

S2Davies

It’s louder (much, especially with the baffles removed), and yes, you want a different tune/map.

If you buy one get the Toce link pipe. Best fit.

Thank you Max Kool for that, I guess I'll be saving the pennies for a PV-3 as well. Having read different posts on that subject, buying from the States is the preferred way to go rather than from Dyno jet here in the UK.

jojo

About the BST CF wheels for the FTR; I believe as well as the 19 x 3 front and 18 x 5.5 rear they have 17's available. Why was it said that they were the wrong sizes?