Cerakote Exhaust

DeplorableOne

So i know this isn't an unheard of thing but when i searched i didn't get any results. I'm contemplating taking my brand new Toce exhaust and having it cerakoted. Not sure if anyone has experience with a cerakoted exhaust, but I'm pretty sure thats how they did the TankMachine black exhaust. i might try it on my factory header first and sell it if it works, then get the Toce done. The only places that come up when I search for cerakoting locally are gunsmiths, etc. but I remember seeing a bunch of custom builders using cerakoted parts on their builds. Just didn't know if anyone had any feedback on it.

cupcake_mike

Cerakote seems to mostly be gunsmiths...I have a buddy that does it (mostly guns) but can coat anything. Has done plenty of exhaust but its not his bread and better. I believe it is rated to 1800 deg, not quite as thick/durable as ceramic or (high temp) powder coating but its pretty close...

Last edited:

DeplorableOne

Cerakote seems to mostly be gunsmiths...I have a buddy that does it (mostly guns) but can coat anything. Has done plenty of exhaust but its not his bread and better. I believe it is rated to 1800 deg, not guite as thick/durable as ceramic or (high temp) powder coating but its pretty close...
Yeah if you go to the cerakote website and check out their gallery there's a ton of motorcycle parts. I'm gonna get a quote on my stock header to see if it's reasonable enough. Same place also does powder coating, so I'll find out...