Comparison of Saddlemen seats

Art

I see there are three options, in particular, I like the look of the GP-V1, however not sure if it's as comfortable as the others or has gel across the seat. Have anyone tried this seat in particular?

Ultratoad

I see there are three options, in particular, I like the look of the GP-V1, however not sure if it's as comfortable as the others or has gel across the seat. Have anyone tried this seat in particular?
I have had the Saddleman GP-V1 on my FTR for better than 6 months. I like everything about the seat. It is made of very high quality materials, DOES utilize gel in seating area, it is denser than the stock seat and very comfortable for me on longer rides. The sides at the tank are cut at an angle which makes it easier to reach the ground. I am exceedingly happy with this seat....

I have the Track LS, it’s both firm and comfortable, I imagine the Gp V1 is no different its a big step up for me in comfort and the ability to move around on the bike,

MilwDave

I've been riding on the Track-CF for about a month now and find it more comfortable than the stock seat. It is firm but shaped so I am very well supported and haven't gotten sore even after a recent 100 mile ride.

Charliemurphay

I've been riding on the Track-CF for about a month now and find it more comfortable than the stock seat. It is firm but shaped so I am very well supported and haven't gotten sore even after a recent 100 mile ride.
Good to hear. I ordered a Track-CF at the beginning of the month but haven’t gotten it yet (went with gold thread so imagine they make those as ordered). Stock seat is fine for me for the first hour then my butt starts gettin uncomfortable sore on it.

neromondial

I went with the Track LS. I don't have any of the fatigue I experienced previously over the last 2,000 miles with the stock seat. Well worth it for me.

Attachments

• 399A9138-D80F-4E17-893B-26ACF8283D85.jpeg
    399A9138-D80F-4E17-893B-26ACF8283D85.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 89

Airbornebaby

For those with the Saddlemen seats do they give you some more room further away from the tank than stock? I tend to sit further back. Just rode my 2019 base model for the first time. Love it except for the seat, I'm pushing right up as it rises. Any suggestions? Just comfy solo riding. Normally I can hack sportbike seats for hours, this one I was in pain after 20 min. What a machine. Thx!

K9F

The OEM seat is an enjoyment killer for me on journeys over 180-200 miles. Not sure about the paddling pool recess you can get with the Saddlemen seats but have pulled the trigger on a Corbin which is awaiting customs clearance as I type. Historically I have had all my seats that needed it 'reworked' by a local reputable upholsterer company Herbert and Ellison but the pandemic put pay to that. I didn't fancy losing riding time waiting for the seat to be reworked as the biking season has started in earnest. This is the first time I have bought a seat without trying it first. Damn expensive over here too with an 80% mark up on USA pricing before any negotiating takes place.

Motorbike Seat Upholstery - Herbert & Ellison Upholstery (Stockbridge, Hampshire) (herbertellisonupholstery.co.uk)

Saddlemen? Corbin? From Ultratoad's comment above and with exception to the gel inserts (Corbin don't use them) and advertising I don't think it matters what you chose? They all profess to do the same thing including the front angles making it easier to reach the ground.

Airbornebaby

Thanks for that! Hope you get your seat soon and like it. With that markup it would be $$. I rode the FTR all day yesterday, adjusted my position on it. The seat still sucks. By the end of it I just wanted to jump off on the highway. I've ridden sportbikes for 12+ hour days with np. Don't know what they put in them. Nothing is ever perfect, they built an awesome, unique and well built machine in my book. I'm shopping today for gizmos to make it better. Happy riding!

Reactions: K9F

K9F

Three weeks after I bought the FTR I took it on a 570 mile one way trek across Europe to the Harz mountain region in Germany. I hedged my bets and bought an Air Hawk Dual Sport cushion to place my butt on. Bang for buck I can say it was the poorest visual modification I had ever done to a motorcycle but the best money I had ever spent. Yes the OEM seat sucks but it sucks over 180 miles for me so thankfully the Air Hawk doesn't get strapped on very often.

Airbornebaby

haha cool! That would have been a nice trek. I tend to ride all day and long distances, all sorts of machines without issue. My dad went Polaris this year with his snowmobile and although he liked the quality of it he hated the seat. Tried to have it improved/customized. He went back to BRP for next year because of that. Probably just a fluke but makes me wonder if they use the same material/supplier.. Or maybe my dad and I are getting soft from all the years of riding. In any case a Saddlemen seat will soon be on there, side number plates.. Gonna be sweet!

Reactions: K9F

Fuse5

Looks like a sunny day over UK.. did u test?
Was for a Saddlemen (expensive over here ..EU) but got another seat locally locally made.
Don´t like the high mount on the passenger part but its may be visually and would help you anyway better than before.

K9F

No test as collected it after work at about 16:45 and simply nailed it on. Working until Wednesday, FTR service Thursday so weather permitting Friday and/or the weekend. It moves you closer to the bars, has a lot more support, padding and firmness than the OEM seat and needs a while to break in. I did some extra electrical installation for a mate to offset the eye watering amount it cost over here so my personal outlay was minimal only about 200 Euros in your money which was easier to bend over and digest it than the horrendous whole amount.

tc917

I went with the Track LS. I don't have any of the fatigue I experienced previously over the last 2,000 miles with the stock seat. Well worth it for me.
Looks great! How did you get it in brown - on their website it looks like it's only available in black with stitching options?