DIY 5000 mi service?

kolski

I was considering performing the 5000 mi service myself. I have no experience with this, but I want to learn. Should I buy the service manual and figure it out? It's a 2022 Championship Edition. I'd appreciate any tips.

Charliemurphay

Most of the 5k service items are simply inspecting specific items. There’s not really any actual replacing of parts or fluids. So it’s easy enough to look at these items and determine whether they are good/in-spec or not.

That said a few of us (myself included) do oil changes at 5k instead of the recommended 10k.

kolski

Well thats easier than I was anticipating.
After actually checking the item list, I see what you mean. I suppose an early oil change is a good excuse to get my hands dirty. Thanks!

Axs1312

I would recommend getting the service manual. Not only does it give you a detailed break-down of every step, it has the torque specification for every nut and screw. The service manual along with some help from YouTube has really helped me do the maintenance at home. I have not really worked on bikes before and initially it took some getting used to but well worth the effort.