Dream Career

Fourus4

Hey all!

I have dreamed my entire life about working in the motorsports industry.

As I am sure many of us would like to do. But, today I am beginning my search for just that.

If anyone has a lead on any cool positions for any manufacturers or teams let me know!

I have years of automotive experience on a corporate level. In addition to manufacturing and customer service. You name it and have have done it or can do it!

I also feel like this would be a great way for people to connect and network!

I am also willing to re-locate, however i currently live in DFW, Texas.

edgelett

hey,
I don't know any connections for you but what I can do is make some suggestions - please note my experiences are based purely around how things work here in Aus.

Go to race events. Meet the rider/drivers. Walk the pits. Chat to the crews.
These are often a 'you need to know someone who knows someone' kind of job.
Offer to help out as a marshall at your local race events.
Show them you're keen.
Would be helpful if you can get any relevant licenses/qualifications in your state (not sure what's required in the US sorry)

I have a bunch of friends who started off racing go-karts and are now either drifters, full time touring car racers, motorcycle racers, etc.
the people working on their cars/bikes are either a) themselves or b)their mates.

Follow teams/drivers/riders you like on social media -often they advertise positions that way too.

Fourus4

How am I just now seeing this?!

Sorry for the delayed reply Edgelett!

Great advice, I will absolutely do that!

:)

edgelett

all good mate :)
wishing you the best of luck, motorsport is a brilliant industry so I hope you can follow your passion!