Driving lights?

edgelett

Personally I ride with my brights on during the daytime. It is very attention grabbing even in full sun, in my opinion.
you mean your high beams on?
that's not illegal where you live i guess?
i find they can be quite blinding to other drivers.

Charliemurphay

you mean your high beams on?
that's not illegal where you live i guess?
i find they can be quite blinding to other drivers.
Correct, and it’s not illegal specifically, and at least in my state modulators (flash between high and low constantly to be more attention grabbing) are explicitly legal. I see typically 50% of other bikes that are riding do the same (ride with high beam on during daytime) and it’s not really annoying, or impairing, again in my opinion. But it does draw your attention to it by being brighter than the other bright things around in the day.

Now at night on the other hand, yes. This headlight is a concentrated sunbeam on high-beam. Great for spotting deer if I happen to be riding past sunset, which I don’t like to do often.

edgelett

It’s legal here, and actually recommended during daytime per DMV motorcycle handbook.
wow.
all motorcycles here (other than historic ones) are required to have a regular headlight on whenever you're riding. and the police recommend cars have their regular lights on when visibility is poor.
but getting around with your high beams on during the day will get you pulled over.

M1Eller

I'm working on adding driving lights to the fork... I'll post a pic when they're in. Hope they're not fugly... the point is so many distracted drivers, I want to be seen. I'm going with yellow/white switchable lights.

Reactions: Bri

ghacksta

My problem is that the high beam is so bright that I can't see outside of it's bean when riding twisty mountain roads- I want a lot more coverage

M1Eller

Went great but I don't ride at night... It's mainly yellow driving lights to make the bike more visible...
Overall easy install...

M1Eller

These little bad boys on Amazon, also bought a wiring harness and some light bar mounting brackets that worked great on the fork.
1686706126341.png