Emblems delaminating

Sully

Anyone else having issues with the Indian emblems delaminating from the air box?

It has been hot here over the past week, but only in the 90s...

Sully

Not staying put.

Attachments

• 20200617_163332.jpg
    20200617_163332.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 63
  • 20200617_163341.jpg
    20200617_163341.jpg
    940.3 KB · Views: 64

mark.lb

I bet a reputable “autobody shop“ could fix you up. They put emblems back on cars after repair or repaint all the time.

Sully

I bet a reputable “autobody shop“ could fix you up. They put emblems back on cars after repair or repaint all the time.
Good call. Was thinking the dealership should handle it. Could handle it is a different story...

K9F

If it happened to me I think I'd ditch them and get a decent war bonnet decal? It's not as if the emblems are of any quality worthy of mention.

Shame Zambini Brothers got stopped producing theirs. They now come at an extremely hefty premium.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
yeah it happened to mine, they are metal emblems, I assume they get hot and move in the sun, plus my rag always caught the edge when cleaning.

your dealer can install new ones, or just remove them and add a decal, thats what i did

bdastu

Yeah, happened to mine and I'm in Scotland, not the hottest place! To be fair I only noticed cause I was looking to remove them and put decals on the tank instead so at least they came off easily :)

lars9989

The emblem started to peel off on mine as well. It should be covered under the factory warranty. My dealer replaced the emblem at no cost.

K9F

Thanks Charliemurphay,

I waited a considerable time to collect these in person. Was concerned they may not fit within the white panel or cover the original script. They also had to be shaped after sitting in boiling water to the profile of the air-box as there was insufficient curvature in them. Also needed a medium with which to adhere them with. Does exactly as it says on the label.

😂😇

IMG_1597.jpg