engine light issue

Blue1

Two miles from home the bike started running on one cylinder and the engine light came on.

My first instinct was to pull over, shut off the ignition and restart, but since it would move up to 35 mph, I didn't want to risk it not starting and pushing the rest of the way home over the next hour.

Made it home, turned off the ignition, let it sit for a minute and then it restarted and ran normally, but the friggn' light is still on.

I am loathe to bring it to the dealer, as they have proven their incompetence. They will just hook it up and say nothing is wrong, clear the light, and charge me $140 for the ten minutes they spend working on the machine.

Going into the Diagnostics screen displayed no code. Once in Diagnostics, I had two choices; I hit "Diagnostics" and nothing displayed.

I hate electronic BS...any suggestions?

Charliemurphay

The ECU automatically cuts fuel to a cylinder if it detects a misfire and it remains this way until the bike is turned off and back on again. The Check Engine light should go away after 3 run cycles if no additional faults are detected. As far as no code showing up on the screen, in my experience they can take a bit to show up. There is no code displayed under the diagnostic screen?2BFF83DC-94D6-45C4-903C-895D37481B45.jpeg

Blue1

I found that with your help in my service manual, thanks.

Is the Digital Wrench kit something available from Indian to anyone, or just dealers?