Exhaust for 2022 FTR

Mikeypie55

So I'm rather shocked this hasn't been beat to death yet! We obviously know that pretty much the only option right now is the Toce performance. Has anyone heard rumblings of any other company starting to develop a system for the 2022? I was so pumped when I got my bike to order the QD twin gunshot before I found out that wasn't an option for me. I don't dislike the Toce exhaust, but it certainly wasn't my first choice. I don't want to jump on it because it's my only option only to have everyone start rolling out the new stuff for the bike. All opinions and discussions welcome! I can't be the only one wondering about this! Thanks people!

DoingOK

There is another company with a complete system (forgot the name but Mike, Max or Tash probably know) that recently came out. I've heard of some others in the works as well. Is it the aesthetics you are concerned with? The Toce system is well tested and makes good power and you could possibly just have it customized to your liking. It would obviously cost a bit more. I opted for a bit of customization for my Toce setup. Good luck.

zcool1.JPG

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Toce so far is the only brand that actually took the time to develop a system that increases hp and tq. Took them a few trial systems.

All the other systems out there don’t give you any gains over the stock header/cat delete.

qd slip ons work on the 22. But you have to leave the cat. Which there is no performance benefit of removing it. As it’s not restrictive. But if you do there is only one guy tuning 2022s and you have to send in your ecu to lloydz garage. Otherwise it runs like crap.

and yeah that other system from bad monkey, it was a “one off” and over 2k. And they also won’t show any dyno numbers from it

Mikeypie55

Toce so far is the only brand that actually took the time to develop a system that increases hp and tq. Took them a few trial systems.

All the other systems out there don’t give you any gains over the stock header/cat delete.

qd slip ons work on the 22. But you have to leave the cat. Which there is no performance benefit of removing it. As it’s not restrictive. But if you do there is only one guy tuning 2022s and you have to send in your ecu to lloydz garage. Otherwise it runs like crap.

and yeah that other system from bad monkey, it was a “one off” and over 2k. And they also won’t show any dyno numbers from it
There is another company with a complete system (forgot the name but Mike, Max or Tash probably know) that recently came out. I've heard of some others in the works as well. Is it the aesthetics you are concerned with? The Toce system is well tested and makes good power and you could possibly just have it customized to your liking. It would obviously cost a bit more. I opted for a bit of customization for my Toce setup. Good luck.

View attachment 5627
Aesthetics are certainly a consideration but it's a little bit of column A little bit of B. Noise has to be a consideration. I live in a quiet subdivision. I literally have the worlds coolest neighbors but I don't use that as a license to be a total dbag. lol

Mikeypie55

Good info! I was certain the cat would be choking it up. I had every intention of getting a tune regardless. I might just run a slip on then. That cat sure is god awful looking though!! I know a really great fabricator. He made a bunch of parts for my cars over the years. I know he would be down to make me a cat delete. I can't imagine removing it would be a detriment to power as long as I get a tune. Thank you!!

DoingOK

Aesthetics are certainly a consideration but it's a little bit of column A little bit of B. Noise has to be a consideration. I live in a quiet subdivision. I literally have the worlds coolest neighbors but I don't use that as a license to be a total dbag. lol
Definitely understandable. My FTR Toce exhaust is loud (no db killer) but my Daytona Toce is not bad (installed db killer). I'm lucky that I'm in a somewhat rural area with large properties......and chill neighbors.

Mikeypie55

Definitely understandable. My FTR Toce exhaust is loud (no db killer) but my Daytona Toce is not bad (installed db killer). I'm lucky that I'm in a somewhat rural area with large properties......and chill neighbors.
i would be running a db killer if i went the toce route for sure

edgelett

I've got a Toce full system with a DB killer in it
it's no louder than my husband's Harley Roadster with Vance and Hines pipes.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Here is my 22 base with a slip on and cat

if keeping the stock header or even the headers that mimic the stock header design, and cat delete, you actually loose a little mid range, and the bike is a bit more finicky to tune.

but you still make the same power as you would with a slip on and a tune.

benefit is you loose about 10lbs and some heat.

I’m leaving the cat on my 22 till I’m ready to buy the full toce for it, like I have on my 19.

AllAroundRider

So I'm rather shocked this hasn't been beat to death yet! We obviously know that pretty much the only option right now is the Toce performance. Has anyone heard rumblings of any other company starting to develop a system for the 2022? I was so pumped when I got my bike to order the QD twin gunshot before I found out that wasn't an option for me. I don't dislike the Toce exhaust, but it certainly wasn't my first choice. I don't want to jump on it because it's my only option only to have everyone start rolling out the new stuff for the bike. All opinions and discussions welcome! I can't be the only one wondering about this! Thanks people!
I've been deep into the rabbit hole on this subject i know one of the guys at the dealership i got my bike at is working with a company to develop an exhaust for his bike, but that was a while ago and i have not heard of anything yet. Other than that the toce isn't very aesthetically pleasing to my eyes. and for 1700 it should be a bit fancier.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Its 100% made in America with American materials. It’s all milled billet aircraft aluminum and hand tig welded stainless. If you see it in person, there isn’t many ways it could get fancier.

DoingOK

I've been deep into the rabbit hole on this subject i know one of the guys at the dealership i got my bike at is working with a company to develop an exhaust for his bike, but that was a while ago and i have not heard of anything yet. Other than that the toce isn't very aesthetically pleasing to my eyes. and for 1700 it should be a bit fancier.
You could get the Toce Cerakoted if that helps with the aesthetics?

zz555.JPG

Breto

Really??…are you talking about the low Mount??… it’s hand built mate, it’s a work of art…it’s dam sexy and gives me the wood every time I throw a leg over…yeah not sure what fancier will get you…any way as I always say that’s just me…👍😎🇦🇺