Exhaust rear pipe removal

Trying to remove the rear pipe section that fits to the rear of the engine block, got the main pipe section at the front off ok but the rear has so little space not sure if I need to remove the whole seat section or something else similar to get to the nuts holding the rear onto the engine block. Have done some searching online but nothing so far so any suggestions welcome.

Cheers,
Simon.

Attachments

• 4228EF16-00A3-4FA0-A44E-8A507779F3F9.jpeg
    4228EF16-00A3-4FA0-A44E-8A507779F3F9.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 21
  • C6E1E0DC-2593-48EA-81DF-CD686144FCC4.jpeg
    C6E1E0DC-2593-48EA-81DF-CD686144FCC4.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 21
To clarify, they sent instructions and the instructions said to remove the rear outlet pipe you need to remove seat and tank and to do that you need to get hold of the factory service manual.

edgelett

eek - probably means I can't fit my exhaust by myself then (when I get it).
hopefully it's a job i can do with my other half and more hopefully he's happy to help lol
otherwise shop fit it is...
maybe dad and I can do it together.

Max Kool

I don't you need to remove that section on your bike @edgelett , the Toce slides on right where that black heatshield is under your right knee.

Thou shallt not worrieth.

(unless of course, you ordered the S&S 2 in 2)

Ok bit stuck now :( anyone have a copy of The manual 7.14 for Seat Removal / Installation and 4.21 for tank removal as undone a lot of stuff and still not able to get the seat frame to move !!

JDP

I can send you a down load for the manual if you want, well I’ll have my wife do it, and I just put 2&2 high S&S pipes on and everything needs to come off don’t try to short cut it follow the Bible and you will do just fine