Finally accepted into the tribe today...

Sullaha

I've never joined a riders group before, should be an interesting experience.

Attachments

• 20200124_204023 (1).jpg
    20200124_204023 (1).jpg
    686.8 KB · Views: 16

K9F

My experiences of Rider Groups is not good! Never again! Form your own with a couple of good reliable mates you can call on last minute for an unplanned ride out is more like it.

Hope you enjoy your foray into your group. Let us know how it goes.

SURLY

My experiences of Rider Groups is not good! Never again! Form your own with a couple of good reliable mates you can call on last minute for an unplanned ride out is more like it.

Hope you enjoy your foray into your group. Let us know how it goes.
Have to agree with this couple of good (sensible) mates is great. go in a group and there will (not might) be a dick amongst them and that is when accidents happen mine is faster than yours I can corner better than you oh shit I am on my arse and my bike is trashed:(

Max Kool

^^ this x 100.

I seriously hate group rides. First off all many people can't decently ride. See them struggling, waddling their Donald Duck feet at low speeds. Can't make decent U-turns. There's always one that needs to pee right before you're ready to leave. Once underway they behave like a swarm of bees trying to keep the group together, and stop thinking for themselves. They ride way too close to each other in that safe staggered formation. The pace should be decided by the lowest common denominator, so 90% aren't even having fun and nearly fall asleep behind the bars. Or the other way around, the group rides too fast, a few slower riders peel off and get lost. There's always one or two showoffs. Burnouts at the coffee stop, wheelies while in "formation".🤮

(really it is NOT safe to ride in a staggered formation unless you're a VERY experienced rider. You're sacrificing braking distance, safety cushion, escape options and a decent line through a corner)

Then once at a stop my inner introvert starts cringing about how people's behavior changes when "among brethren". Cool accident survival stories, bragging, how much hp mine and your bike makes....

I just hate people I guess... 😪

I have a handful of riding buddies to ride the canyons here, and that's it. And preferrably the less commonly used, empty canyons. We ride at about the same speed, depending on which bike we take out. Typically at about 80% of my abilites. I am faster on my Vitpilen than on my FTR for instance. We ping each other on Saturday evening and typically there's like three of us that can go riding the next day. Many roads are too narrow/winding to overtake, so we just don't (btw, it's already going fast enough, so why overtake). We ride our own lines and keep at least 100-150 feet between each other. And we know the other rider has enough experience to see that same wet patch, debris etc I just saw. And sometimes I just go out on my own. Love it.

Edit: nearly forgot to mention, I don't give a sh*t if my riding buddies have the same bike as me or not.

Last edited:

edgelett

I joined the Indian riders group purely cause I got free membership and free stuff.
i don’t intend on going on group rides with them.
i think my preferred max size of a group is no more than 5 people really.
most of the time it’s just me and my other half.
but hey - free stuff!
and more forums. so why not.

Sullaha

Thanks for all your replies, I could have typed them all myself based on experience, though I might be the guy that does the burnout in the carpark 😁

I have a tight riding group, six guys tops, we all know how each other ride and the things we do to work together, especially in the gravel, the trouble is we all ride adventure bikes so always go for dirt, I need another FTR, rally edition this time.

I think @edgelett sums it up perfectly, free merch and more people to take the piss out of online.