Fork modifications

Hello All,
Does anyone have details on the S model forks such as:
Sachs Model number
Fork fluid weight
Fork fluid volume
Spring rate
Exploded parts Diagram

I have been checking the Indian site but no service manual is available yet.

I want to reduce the compression damping (left) fork and go to higher rate springs.

Since compression is in the left fork I'm thinking a lighter fluid in the left and stock in the right.

Any thoughts?

rhledge

I bought my S today, and ordered the shop manual at the same time from the dealer. The part number for the manual is 9929391 (at least at my dealer) and was 90 bucks.

rhledge,
THANKS!

I asked my dealer and they said they weren't available yet.

$90 isn't bad compared to a Ducati manual!

Oui!

But seriously, can you see if it shows how to remove the switch cubes? I rotated my bars forward and need to rotate the cubes down.

Thanks!

rhledge

Sorry, returned it to the dealer this morning. They said I’ll get one I can read in 5-7 days. Will look then, if you’re still searching.

rhledge

Thanks! I need to get mine ordered but you should have your's first.

So I got the manual (in English this time). The instructions are pretty simple, disconnect all the doodads from the righthand switch cube, then "carefully insert a flat screwdriver into the switch cube relief to release the retention feature." There's a QR code for a video that shows it being done. The link to the video is

Hope that helps; let me know.

JDP

Oui!

But seriously, can you see if it shows how to remove the switch cubes? I rotated my bars forward and need to rotate the cubes down.

Thanks!
Be careful there is a small hole in the handlebars that the retaining clip fits into , don’t force it or it will break