Forward pegs

tri650

Yes, I know this is not a touring bike. I know, buy a freakin BMW if you want comfort. I have a history of turning bikes into something they are not - and in this case I want to address my knee issues by trying to create some type of forward peg. I really need to stretch my leg (right) out due to old age and arthritis. I see a few mounting spots that might work for both the left and right side. Would probably need to be custom made but may be able to find something standard. Any suggestions? Ideas?

Max Kool

I think you need to fab something. The rearsets that are available basically make the position more sporty, not more relaxed.

If you're tall enough you could consider a taller seat?

tri650

I was thinking about investing in a saddleman seat. Or maybe try some type of pad - airhawk or otherwise. I did a trip a few weeks ago and had a few 300 mile plus days - and they were painful. I suffer from knee issues so trying to get less bend in my knees. The more they bend the more they hurt.

edgelett

the only thing I can think of is if you get frame sliders you might be able to rest your legs out on those.
otherwise I don't know how you could move the pegs further forward.

K9F

........Would probably need to be custom made but may be able to find something standard. Any suggestions? Ideas?

I suffer with a right bad knee too. Had left one chopped and swapped two years ago this November and right one was playing up intensely but not bad enough to have it swapped yet. Steroid injection worked wonders in both cases and for a while may be the magic wand you are looking for?

If you're tall enough you could consider a taller seat?

Max is spot on! Taking you in another direction, what about the seat? You could get another two inches or so by making your seat into a loaf of bread? Looks good enough to eat! Not mine I hasten to add, I went down the Corbin route.

:cool:😇

DCD7100A-DCE9-4199-84FE-CDB879AEC726.jpeg

Last edited:

Max Kool

It's mainly the color imho, which is a personal choice. You gotta do something if you're tall, right?

K9F

I have never seen such a hideous seat ever !
might be comfortable but hey ,butt ugly.

😂 Way to go FTRUK. It's normally me that pees people off with my honesty and candidness. Nevertheless you probably stated what many were thinking? Ditching the Indian altogether and going for an adventure style bike 'may' have been the better option at 6'4" than the solution above? Must have been smoking something when choosing the color? Black may have toned it down a bit.

The seat above is akin to a mole. Reminded me of this:

Austin powers Mole - YouTube

KFTR

Y'all are ruthless. That's my loaf of bread, and she fills up perfect with my ass!! But you guys are right, the color is completely off from what I wanted. Will put some good miles down on it, keep it for longer rides and order another stock oem seat for pictures LOL.

K9F

Moley schmoley! ;)

Someone over your side of the pond may have an OEM take off seat they're willing to part with? Resculpting the original to make the rear hump less prominent and in a darker color would improve the aesthetics immensely and give you more room by being able to move back a little perhaps?

cupcake_mike

I've found that if I slide back to the passenger portion of the seat and put my feet on the RSD frame sliders, I can stretch my bad knees out a bit...I'm sure I look funny passing people in cars on the highway that way, but I've also been known to sit side saddle, during a long ride, if one cheek is significantly more sore than the other :)

Pmcb41

When I get back from my trip I am going to try to fabricate some front pegs that will bolt to frame were the sliders do but extended down and forward maybe 10”. Possibly with a quick release lever. It would put rowed pegs about even with the battery box.

MarkS

I suffer with a right bad knee too. Had left one chopped and swapped two years ago this November and right one was playing up intensely but not bad enough to have it swapped yet. Steroid injection worked wonders in both cases and for a while may be the magic wand you are looking for?

Max is spot on! Taking you in another direction, what about the seat? You could get another two inches or so by making your seat into a loaf of bread? Looks good enough to eat! Not mine I hasten to add, I went down the Corbin route.

:cool:😇

View attachment 3639
My dog seat ate my homework fuel tank air box covers.

tri650

This got me looking for other alternatives - given the frame mounting point that is available. Not sure this option would work but offers another mounting option. Rivco frame mount16201091.jpg

tri650

Nothing yet - still considering options. I will have a custom seat made soon and plan to add a little height. I'll report back once that is done - I should get the seat back in early August