Front Sprocket Nut Removal

Mckid4

Hi all,

Any tips or tricks to removing the front sprocket nut? Have the bike in 1st, sitting on it with foot on the rear brake, using a 20” breaker bar and can not get the nut to break free. I did bend the lock washer straight. Next course of action will be an impact, but don’t want to risk damaging anything so figured I’d ask here first.

Charliemurphay

I tied a 25lbs weight to the rear brake to hold it while I put my back into getting the nut loose with the breaker bar. That worked for me.

Mckid4

Thank you all. It took someone holding the rear brake and an impact to remove the nut. I am not sure if a lot of loctite was used or the bolt rusted but it took the impact almost the entire way of the nut coming off until it spin freely.
The 16t is on- but I won’t know a difference from stock by just the sprocket change as I am also going with the full Toce exhaust and tune. Ecu shipping out tomorrow and exhaust ordered. This is going to be interesting…

Attachments

• E553DF15-073D-468D-83B6-E174291FE011.jpeg
    E553DF15-073D-468D-83B6-E174291FE011.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13

Mckid4

Going one down in the front is like going three up in the rear.
Yep, I’m aware. I’ve gone one down on the front with most bikes I’ve owned and have been happy with them. I’ll see if I like this set up, and if not I’ll go back to the stock gearing.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
On my 22 I feel it would be an improvement to help with the mid range dip.

I’ll probably do the same.

Mckid4

On my 22 I feel it would be an improvement to help with the mid range dip.

I’ll probably do the same.
Once I get my bike back together I’ll post a quick write up of how it compares. Not exactly sure when that will be as Toce has a disclosure on their website of 10-14 day build times for their systems. So I may be down for two weeks or so.