FTR 1200 Motor

MotoJedi

I gotta ask this question Maybe its been covered before, but after completing my first day of riding... the engine feels very similar to the 2017 Victory Octane. Is the same engine or something brand new?

Max Kool

It's not the same engine, but you can bet some of the parts are interchangeable. The same engineers worked on it I guess. Just like the Scout engine. Let's call it family.

MotoJedi

Yes. No doubt, it certainly has some of that DNA. Again for someone that put some decent amount of miles on the Octane, the similarities between the engine characteristics are eerily similar. Albeit, the FTR has power, but same feel. Not a bad thing at all.

Last edited:

MotoJedi

Brands usually incorporate various engine components into one design. It’s not financially smart to build every bikes engine all new from the ground up.

Yes.. the more I ride the FTR... the more Victory octane I sense. Again, not a bad thing and a smart evolution.

Mysta

A guy today actually walked up and said he worked on Buells and that the engine almost like like a rotax. I'm not super familiar with them but kinda made me curious to check them out.

Max Kool

A Rotax it is not.

Don’t forget Bombardier bought Rotax in the 70’s, which is Polaris biggest rival...