FTR 17" wheel swap explained

DoingOK

Nice video. I see you have many of the same little modifications I have on my bike (titanium drilled washers/fasteners....lock wired rear sprocket bolts, etc.)

edgelett

Great video - thanks so much for doing this. I'll show it to my brother and ask him I'd he knows anyone that can help with the tone ring.

kyletbandit

I'm interested in the small bag you have strapped to the left side. What brand is it? Its perfect for what I am looking for.

EagleEye78

So... stupid question time. Has anyone come up with some kind of adapter yet to mount up a 17'' front wheel?

Second stupid question... Do you just loose ABS if a front 17" wheel is installed on a 2019?

BaddFTR1200

The 2023 Ftr’s went back to tone rings. I just purchased a set of 23 Ftr wheels and it’s a direct bolt on swap. No drilling or tapping needed. Super easy job other than the lack of grease on the axles and were tight removing lol. IMG_0575.jpeg

cupcake_mike

I guess it probably doesn't matter much, but there should be no movement between the axle and the bearing, so i don't understand why you'd grease it. Grease is used for lubrication/wear, anti-seize for dealing with galling or corrosion. It seems to me that grease would do a better job of trapping contaminates between the axle and the bearing Anti-seize is used to keep the axle from seizing to the bearing, so that's why I use it.

irsh

I've been greasing axles for 30 years to lubricate assembly and prevent corrosion. It seems to do the job so I'll likely continue to do so.