FTR MODS

Charliemurphay

Had a chance to ride it with the wrap yet? I’m very interested in that exhaust and curious about your results with mitigating the heat.

SSR001

Hello 525 chain

Kineo sources the sprocket with their wheels.

Attachments

• 7C072B07-3116-4D60-9447-BA080F1772AA.jpeg
    7C072B07-3116-4D60-9447-BA080F1772AA.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 28

SSR001

Yes look at the black shields they are ceremic coated and in the next days I will cover the header tubes with the DEI heat tape too.
This should be done by S & S from factory.

Max Kool

FTR mods. I don't even know if I could consider this a mod. After my EVAP canister fell off, my bike was left with an ugly spaghetti monster on the left side, where all the ground leads come together.

Image from iOS.png

I couldn't stand it (OCD yeah), and dove into my bucket of discarded FTR parts. Dug up the splashguard that's mounted on the OEM license plate holder. "Hmm, what if I cut off this, and dremel that a bit..." 🤔

15 minutes and a bolt & standoff spacer later:
Image from iOS (17).jpg

edgelett

Dumb question by me - for those of us who have an EVAP cannister attached to our bikes, what do they actually do?
Why do people remove them?

Max Kool

They absorb fuel fules from the fuel tank, and burn them in the engine. On some bikes they cause excessive popping on the overrun. They do not rob the engine of power.

They’re ugly on some bikes and weight a pound or so. People remove them mostly for looks.

yep, I’m vain...

Last edited:

edgelett

Cheers mate - FTR is my first bike with one (being as my other bike is 22 yrs old) so wasn't sure what on earth it was for ha!