FTR RUNS HOT IN HOT WEATHER

edgelett

define 'hot'?
yes, when it's 35 Celsius plus and I'm riding in peak hour traffic, my FTR will get up to 97/98 Celsius but the fan always kicks in then so it never goes any higher.
i can definitely feel it, but like I said, the weather is hot and I'm in peak hour so it's normal

Blue1

As long as I moving, mine never goes over 170 degrees. Fan comes on in traffic in warm weather at 206 and that's pretty much as hot as it gets, so all of above is a mystery to me.

It is amazing to me all the people that complain about heat (and vibration while we're at it) on this bike.

It's a relatively high performance v-twin, not a 90 degree, so it's gonna vibrate a little. I've cut me teeth on hi-perf Japanese fours and this vibration doesn't bother me, so I don't get it.

It's a motorcycle, not a Rolls Royce. People need to grow a pair, or buy a Gold Wing.

roastedbits

I have ridden Ducatis (notoriously hot) for years and today was my first day with my 2019 FTR S. Good Lawd in heaven it is hot. I think I might have burned the backside of my right leg. And this was at highway speeds (65-70 mph.) Air temp was 88-92 F which isn't all that hot for here. Engine temp was 175-190 F which isn't hot at all compared to a Ducati, but damn this felt way hotter. I sure hope it was some freak thing, because I don't think I can ride like this.

BTW, I felt zero vibration so I don't know what the vibration people are talking about (I read some moto reviewers complaining about that.)

R. Warshawsky

As long as I moving, mine never goes over 170 degrees. Fan comes on in traffic in warm weather at 206 and that's pretty much as hot as it gets, so all of above is a mystery to me.

It is amazing to me all the people that complain about heat (and vibration while we're at it) on this bike.

It's a relatively high performance v-twin, not a 90 degree, so it's gonna vibrate a little. I've cut me teeth on hi-perf Japanese fours and this vibration doesn't bother me, so I don't get it.

It's a motorcycle, not a Rolls Royce. People need to grow a pair, or buy a Gold Wing.
Is that growing a pair of wings, then? Lollol