Ftr wont start

Smeagol31

I have a 2022 FTR S. My battery is good. I accidentally touched the positive and negative wires together wires together and now my bike is not starting and the horn does not work . all the electronics and lights work however . I also checked all the fuses. That I know of.... Is there more fuses somewhere ? Thanks

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
It’s the three circuit breakers under the right hand fuse panel I believe. Move them around

Smeagol31

So just move the 3 relays around? I moved 2 of them around. The only 1 I have not moved yet is the horn relay

Smeagol31

Also how would I know which ones are circuit breakers? There are like 7 relays total and the rest are normal fuses

Smeagol31

The 3 fuses under the battery are good... so now I'm stumped... It didn't stop running until after I accidentally touched the positive and negative wires... So I assumed I blew a fuse or toasted the battery

Attachments

• 20210714_191600.jpg
    20210714_191600.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18

edgelett

touching wires is a bad thing.
I recommend you call your dealer.
And it's going to be best to be honest because otherwise they can't diagnose the problem.

Charliemurphay

You blew the Starter Horn fuse (not the tall skinny breaker, or the relay but the actual small fuses with the amp numbers on them). I did the same thing. Pull your small fuse out and check it again.

Last edited:

Vaidol1

Just had this issue, the horn fuse (10) amp seems to blow easily if your battery is low. If the HORN FUSE BLOWS, the bike will not start! Stupid as it sounds change it to 15 amp and keep a spare with you at all times!