Galfer Wave Rotors?

MilwDave

Does anyone have any experience with the Galfer Wave Rotors?

I am going to mount up the RSD Wheels I picked up on the FTR50 (plus) sale and was considering adding a different set of rotors at the same time. The reviews on a few sites are mixed so I thought I'd ask the experts here.

Last edited:

Fuse5

Got no experience on Galfer ones because of no licence in Europe.. what we need.
Braking WH7004.. fits to the FTR.. orig. (made for BMW) on the front wheel.
Don´t know if they will fit on RSD Rims.

Last edited:

Blue1

I have wave rotors on my 'busa, and if memory serves, they're Galfers.

No noticeable braking improvement from OEM, but they are a little lighter, which doesn't hurt suspension compliance and traction up front.

MilwDave

I have wave rotors on my 'busa, and if memory serves, they're Galfers.

No noticeable braking improvement from OEM, but they are a little lighter, which doesn't hurt suspension compliance and traction up front.
I was concerned about reports of them warping. I'm going to install them with the Galfer sintered pads and I'll bed them in correctly.
I admit I was going for looks more than performance but sintered pads have always felt better than whatever pad the OEM uses.

MilwDave

The price you pay (still on my first set btw at 8k miles).
No doubt. I use my RM as the pack horse when we ride out West. With all the time in the mountains I only get about a season and a half out of the fronts on that bike. On the FTR which is far lighter and gets less use I should be good for years.