GPS

rhledge

I wonder if Indian is considering adding a navigation capability in the future? When you set the clock on the instrument panel (on the S) you can pick manual or GPS. So there’s already a GPS sensor inside; how much work would it take them to make a split screen with instruments on one side and nav on the other?

Max Kool

Rumor has it yes that some day we will be able to upgrade to satnav on our bikes. But I'm not so sure about that.

Here, fixed it for you:

K9F

Anyone using the 'Indian Ride Command App?' I found an old article that stated it 'would be available on the FTR when released.' I wonder how and if the app is used on the phone how it may interact with the bike? I have a Sena 10s system that I intend using in conjunction with my phone on my forthcoming trip but intend devoting more time to experimenting what the bike is actually capable of from 'an electronic gizmo perspective' on my return. Either way any future developments will almost certainly involve getting the Indian Ride Command App methinks?

Trennon

Not to throw this guy under the bus (that’s why I blanked his name), but he did tell me this, last year. Although he hasn’t replied to any emails since then. So who knows I guess...

Attachments

• 081305DC-ECE4-4E4C-A8F2-E0B3B06D6F59.jpeg
    081305DC-ECE4-4E4C-A8F2-E0B3B06D6F59.jpeg
    703.5 KB · Views: 40

Charliemurphay

That’s really the only thing missing from this bike in my opinion. Maybe if we keep making thread after thread about it asking if/when it’s coming they’ll take notice and “hmm maybe we should get on this...” 😂

One can only hope.