Greetings From Hawaii!

michealftr1200

Hey everyone I purchased my FTR1200 Race Replica in the crate at the end of last year in Florida right before I moved. I finally received it out in Hawaii about 1 month ago. In 3 days I put over 500 miles on it just circling the island. I'm excited to finally have it and I am looking forward to riding this thing every chance I get! I've been riding for about 8 years now and my last bike was a Yamaha FZ-07. I instantly fell in love with its v-twin style sound so I figured next best thing was to get an actual v-twin and fell in love with the way the FTR looked. I am not sure how many other FTR riders are out in Oahu but if you are out here I'd love to meet you! Cheers everyone and thanks for reading.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-05-10 225606.jpg
    Screenshot 2021-05-10 225606.jpg
    282.7 KB · Views: 23

K9F

Welcome from the UK. Chances are riding round in circles on that beautiful island of yours if there are any other FTR riders out there you'll be sure to come across them perhaps?

michealftr1200

So far I've seen quite a lot of HD's and some Indian Scouts but have not seen another FTR yet! I went on a poker run on it during those 3 days and besides getting asked to join a bunch of motorcycle clubs, I only spotted a couple Indians period. So we are an elusive bunch as far as I can tell.

HTull

Hey everyone I purchased my FTR1200 Race Replica in the crate at the end of last year in Florida right before I moved. I finally received it out in Hawaii about 1 month ago. In 3 days I put over 500 miles on it just circling the island. I'm excited to finally have it and I am looking forward to riding this thing every chance I get! I've been riding for about 8 years now and my last bike was a Yamaha FZ-07. I instantly fell in love with its v-twin style sound so I figured next best thing was to get an actual v-twin and fell in love with the way the FTR looked. I am not sure how many other FTR riders are out in Oahu but if you are out here I'd love to meet you! Cheers everyone and thanks for reading.
Hey michealftr1200 I’m on Oahu with a 2019 1200s race replica - live in Hawaii Kai and work on Hickam. Sometimes go riding with a neighbor who has a Triumph cup. Let me know if you want to join us sometime.

Attachments

• 1510506A-17D2-4A92-8B79-E6E4A10E37A1.jpeg
    1510506A-17D2-4A92-8B79-E6E4A10E37A1.jpeg
    868.7 KB · Views: 6

HTull

Just noticed the pic you posted Is from Makapu point, three minutes from my home.

Breto

Me and the wife had a ball in Hawaii…we went there for our 28th wedding anniversary a few years ago…one thing that stuck out was there seemed to be a lack of helmets over there…the laws must be way different for bikes…I didn’t see many but when I did they never had a helmet on…I thought the Five O’s would be onto that…great place, ABC shops are the bomb…cheap booze…we toured the big island as well, helicopter ride over the lava flows…saw my first ever real mongoose…yeah I’ll be back one day…enjoy the ride man, such a pretty place…👍😎

edgelett

…one thing that stuck out was there seemed to be a lack of helmets over there…the laws must be way different for bikes
yeah freaked Tony and I out a bit when on our two US trips too. lots of states over there don't have helmet laws.
Watching people riding on the highways at over 100kph and all I could think was 'other than the safety issue at that speed surely the bugs/wind would be way annoying without a lid' lol

Azzman

yeah freaked Tony and I out a bit when on our two US trips too. lots of states over there don't have helmet laws.
Watching people riding on the highways at over 100kph and all I could think was 'other than the safety issue at that speed surely the bugs/wind would be way annoying without a lid' lol
Yeah I recon, staying alive is just one of the benefits of wearing a lid

JDP

Hawaii, man I’ve been trying to get to Hawaii for ever , maybe one day, enjoy that bike I know you will ,I can’t get off mine I ride it all the time just so much fun riding it, I’ve always had big baggers and now that I have this light , fast and well handling FTR I’m having a blast,

HTull

Me and the wife had a ball in Hawaii…we went there for our 28th wedding anniversary a few years ago…one thing that stuck out was there seemed to be a lack of helmets over there…the laws must be way different for bikes…I didn’t see many but when I did they never had a helmet on…I thought the Five O’s would be onto that…great place, ABC shops are the bomb…cheap booze…we toured the big island as well, helicopter ride over the lava flows…saw my first ever real mongoose…yeah I’ll be back one day…enjoy the ride man, such a pretty place…👍😎
Yeah, no helmet laws in the islands. That being said, it is the cruiser riders that usually do not wear them. then there are folks like me - Harleys for the past 20 years, and I wear a helmet, armored jacket (mesh, it’s warm here), and leather pants and boots.

JDP

Seems like the older I get the safer I ride, my wife asked me once why when you ride your dirt bike you put on a lot of riding gear but when you street ride you wear nothing, that got me thinking now I wear all my safety gear on the street also, just bought a mesh jacket for summer rides and found out they really keep me cooler so I guess wisdom comes with age, have fun my friend and be safe