Handlebar Options

Charliemurphay

So.

Bike is still in the shop getting repaired and they are replacing the handlebars. The stock handlebars are currently back ordered until December 7th 😳
Needless to say I’m now looking at other options.

I don’t mind the stock bars, I don’t want a set of rally bars. If anything I’d like the bars to go a little lower as I had mine tilted back a bit already.

For those who do not have rally bars, what bars have you gotten and how do you like them?

FTR London

Thanks you guys. So I ended up ordering the Ma006 and a ProTaper bar that is lower and wider that @FTR London had recommended awhile back. Ordered from cyclegear and will return the one I don’t want since I have a store local to me.
...Sounds a great choice - with the added bonus that the handlebars that you have ordered actually are ProTaper!

How are the repairs going?

Charliemurphay

...Sounds a great choice - with the added bonus that the handlebars that you have ordered actually are ProTaper!

How are the repairs going?
Well they haven’t actually started yet. They made the list of parts and ordered everything and are basically shooting for/hoping that everything is in by Sept 6-7 because that’s when they booked it in the shop to actually start work. It really should only take a day or two to fix. But yea, blah blah blah supply chain this back ordered that. They do call me if they can’t get something though and then I go and find it myself from a vendor they can’t/don’t use and order it. So that’s something I guess lol.

FTR London

Well they haven’t actually started yet. They made the list of parts and ordered everything and are basically shooting for/hoping that everything is in by Sept 6-7 because that’s when they booked it in the shop to actually start work. It really should only take a day or two to fix. But yea, blah blah blah supply chain this back ordered that. They do call me if they can’t get something though and then I go and find it myself from a vendor they can’t/don’t use and order it. So that’s something I guess lol.
Sorry to hear that. I hope you have it back on the road by next month. As I said, thank God you emerged unscathed - was the Gremlin bell protecting you damaged in the crash? :whistle:

Charliemurphay

Sorry to hear that. I hope you have it back on the road by next month. As I said, thank God you emerged unscathed - was the Gremlin bell protecting you damaged in the crash? :whistle:
It’s why I where all my gear even when it’s 95°F and 80% humidity out. I’d rather sweat than regrow skin 😂.
Actually didn’t have a gremlin bell on, but maybe I need to drop some hints to get gifted one. Though to be fair, it wasn’t a gremlin that caused the slide, it was an inattentive driver.

FTR London

It’s why I where all my gear even when it’s 95°F and 80% humidity out. I’d rather sweat than regrow skin 😂.
Actually didn’t have a gremlin bell on, but maybe I need to drop some hints to get gifted one. Though to be fair, it wasn’t a gremlin that caused the slide, it was an inattentive driver.
And to be fair, it wouldn't have been a gremlin bell that prevented it either.

So glad that you were ok though.