Have the stock seats improved since the original model?

Airbornebaby

Hi,

The original seat on the 2019 model was a medieval torture device. The worst seat I ever had, there was hardly any padding. Thankfully the rest of the bike is awesome. It led me to get a Saddlemen seat which fixed the problem. I want to change the look of my bike though and like the new brown seat on the 2023 Rally. I'm tempted at ordering one. Can someone please tell me if the stock seats have improved with more recent models or if it's still like sitting right on the frame?

I'm looking at all options out there, I just like that look! Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

edgelett

all the stock seats are the same.
Indian now make a comfort seat though which has more padding, apparently they're not bad.

Airbornebaby

They didn't even improve them a tiny bit??? 😭 Just to make them a little less painful? I'd order it if it was half decent and take some pain on the long rides, which is most days. Thx for the reality check!

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
It all depends on your own ass. I don’t mind the stock seats. But they did come out with a “comfort” seat for 23.

Other than that they are all the same as the 2019

Airbornebaby

I do a lot of long distance trips, riding all day. So my ass hurts proper on those seats. And I happen to have wear and tear injuries in my back. They appear slightly different but thanks to both of you I now realize they haven't changed. I'm eyeing a Corbin, will see if Saddlemen can do a custom brown seat.. Will stay away from the stocks then. Thank you and happy riding!

edgelett

the Indian comfort seat might be what you're after. it's the stock seat with extra padding. a few people have reported they're a lot better than stock.