Headlight plastic cover


New member
Is it possible to replace the cover for the headlight? I have a couple of small scratches on mine.
Perhaps from another projector light?

Also I noticed that other Indians (scout) have the same headlight but different part numbers. Is there a big difference?


New member
Thanks for the link, but unfortunately it's the plastic lens on the front of the headlight I need, and it only lists the headlight with one part number. It looks like it should just unclip from the headlight.


New member
So this is the problem with my headlight cover, there are 3 small gouges and a crack about an inch long.

I have a headlight restoration kit I was thinking of trying. I think the cover is polycarbonate, it says 'pc' on the detail underneath the headlight.

I was hoping to wick into the crack (and gouges) some polycarbonate glue to try and make it disappear.

It looks like the cover is just a clip on item with no seal between the cover and light, I cannot find a replacement cover, apparently from another thread someone discovered that these lights are not J W Speaker items, which probably wouldn't matter as according to the JWS website they don't offer replacement lenses.

It seems a bit extreme to replace the complete unit because of some scratches and a crack.

I was thinking about getting a cheap Chinese 5¾ light taking the lens (or sourcing a lens) and using some adhesive to glue it to the front of the Indian light or using a headlight ring clamp.

Or what aftermarket replacement units have people used?
Any advice or opinions greatly welcomed.


  • IMG_20230620_223433387.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20230620_223359702_HDR.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 19


New member
any update on this? My lens has clouded with condensation inside. I haven’t had chance to strip it down yet. Is the lens a removable part or is it bonded on


2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
You can’t just buy the lens. The headlight is a “sealed” unit

It’s a warranty replacement or an insurance claim if you don’t want to pay for the light replacement.