Hello from Texas

Feyras

Hello everyone!

My name is Randy. I live in the Fort Worth Texas area. I just picked up my FTR 1200s this morning luckily dodging the rain while bringing it home. I currently ride a 2018 Indian Chieftain Darkhorse, and now this 2019 FTR 1200s. More pictures to come soon, and forgive my garage as I tore off the front fairing to add LED headlights/running lights to the chieftain this past weekend and didn't clean it up yet. I have my new ultimate seat for the chieftain coming in Thursday, and the S&S low slip on arriving the same day for the FTR. Next mod is 10000000% going to be the license plate relocation. I think I'll get the RAGE one, but still looking.

Bikes.jpeg

Feyras

Hello everyone, glad to see friendly faces!

As promised here are a few more pics. I put on the S&S slip on the FTR and just got my ultimate seat for the chieftain. On order is the New Rage cycle undertail license plate kit, and front turn signals, new grips and handlebar mounted mirrors, and last, but not least, a saddleman Track CF seat. Is there anything else I'm missing on the "must haves"? All help/opinions are appreciated. Glad to see so many people across the world love these bikes!! I'll get more pics this weekend when I finally take her out on a day I'm not just riding to/from work!

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    130 KB · Views: 16
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    139.6 KB · Views: 13
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    137.4 KB · Views: 14
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    149 KB · Views: 12

K9F

A hearty welcome from T'other Side of the Pond.

I'm gonna get in quick before Ferraiolo1 and/or Max Kool chip in. Have you considered a remap/tune it totally transforms the bike and makes it run how it should have when it rolled off the dealer's lot?

It was a 'must have' that I didn't realize was a 'must have' until I got one some 10 months after my FTR party began despite the two aforementioned fellows telling me it was a 'must have' day one!

😇😇

Feyras

A hearty welcome from T'other Side of the Pond.

I'm gonna get in quick before Ferraiolo1 and/or Max Kool chip in. Have you considered a remap/tune it totally transforms the bike and makes it run how it should have when it rolled off the dealer's lot?

It was a 'must have' that I didn't realize was a 'must have' until I got one some 10 months after my FTR party began despite the two aforementioned fellows telling me it was a 'must have' day one!

😇😇

Ah, yes. I have briefly looked into it and was wondering if it'd fix how much of a brat the bike is on startup. Is the dynojet pv3 the best option?

Max Kool

K&N is waste of money imho. They don't add power and may actually let in more fine dust.

oh, and yes, a good tune should cure the cold start issues.

K9F

Make sure you order it from one of the two reputable tuning suppliers. I also nailed in a K & N but as Max stated they will let in more dust from case studies. I got it just to make me think it was beneficial. 'Placebo Effect.' Will try and dig out the K & N info.

Max Kool

I could even imagine extra ring wear with a K&N filter if you ride in dusty condition a lot leading to excessive oil consumption.

(and that may not be covered by warranty if you’re using a K&N)

Last edited:

K9F

What’s this ‘dust’ you’re on about? Too much rain over here to worry about dust and tar snakes are non existent too. We do have the odd cattle grid to contend with in the New Forest region though. Personally I regarded that my warranty may have possibly been compromised by the use of the PV3 and removal of the cat? Will cross that bridge in the event I need to in the remaining 10 months of what little of it may or may not remain. Am psychologically prepared either way!

Last edited:

Max Kool

Lolz, we got fires here dude. Lots of dust and ash....

These fires ain't no joke... Los Angeles Forest over 400 sq km alone, and that's a small one...😬

Lots of yellow skies the past few weeks

Cul-LA-1179514591.jpg

Feyras

Make sure you order it from one of the two reputable tuning suppliers. I also nailed in a K & N but as Max stated they will let in more dust from case studies. I got it just to make me think it was beneficial. 'Placebo Effect.' Will try and dig out the K & N info.

Is indian only motorcycles reputable? Well, it wasn't too expensive. I'll just keep the K&N in a drawer, but no use it. Any good places to look at tunes, or good threads discussing different tuners? I did a quick search on the forums before going to bed earlier, but nothing stood out. Thanks for all the replies and information!

K9F

Lolz, we got fires here dude. Lots of dust and ash....

Perhaps worst of all I was reading the smoke has tainted all your vineyard grapes? 2020 is not going to be a good vintage unless you want a hint of smoke on your palate?

If you wish to have 'lifetime map support' free of charge, namely if you change the configuration of your bike with different exhaust, breather etc. and need a subsequent map and not have to pay for it.....Fuelmoto USA is the choice to go for. Nevertheless with the previous post both the reputable tuners I mentioned have been covered. They both do exactly as it says on the tin and both will provide exactly what you 'must have.'

😂

Feyras

Thanks for all the advice. I don't think I'll go "too crazy". However, I do want a tune to fix the issues of the cold start.

Max Kool

If you wish to have 'lifetime map support' free of charge, namely if you change the configuration of your bike with different exhaust, breather etc. and need a subsequent map and not have to pay for it.....Fuelmoto USA is the choice to go for.
Ryan /Lloydz offers this too. 😉