Hello From Yorkshire

Greg

Just thought it say hello from sunny Sheffield. Just put my deposit down on the Race Rep today. Coming from an MV Agusta F3 800. Bit worried as I haven’t done a test ride but went for it anyway. Looking for reassurances on handling/cornering. Hope it’s not too heavy and cumbersome. I know it’ll not be anywhere near my MV but what can you compare it to? I’ve had a Tuono V4 before and I’m hoping it’s not too far off that???Arriving in March next year... thanks in advance.
Cheers Greg.

K9F

Welcome also from the UK but perhaps sunnier climes on the south coast? I dropped a deposit on an FTR and had to wait 9 long months. I too didn't test ride. If you have the ability and can adjust your riding style to suit you will get the best out of it. I don't do comparisons as it is just a personal view and may not paint a decent picture, suffice to say I do not think you will be disappointed in the capabilities of the FTR whatsoever. Whilst not an out and out sports bike, she will certainly hold her own against many and possibly surprise a few sports bike riders on the way?

Greg

Great, thanks for the reply. Just ordered The S&S high level exhaust, anyone have any experience with this, just wondered if it was possible to remove the CAT from the and make it a straight through system. Cheers

Unruly Rider

Great, thanks for the reply. Just ordered The S&S high level exhaust, anyone have any experience with this, just wondered if it was possible to remove the CAT from the and make it a straight through system. Cheers
Congrats! On the S&S high mount exhaust, I though that S&S Cycle made a separate "race" version that didn't have the cats. Sure is a beautiful exhaust system either way. I hope it doesn't create too much heat under your right thigh... please let us know how you like it, I am very interested in hearing about it. I have the S&S Grand-National slip-on exhaust with a FuelMoto cat-delete and love the sound of it, but after hearing the 2-into-2 high mount system there is no comparison. The high mounts really come alive mid rev-range onward, the sound is amazing.

Greg

I hope so, I’ve got a long wait until March when my bike arrives. I was also worried about the heat generated but decided I’d go for it on looks alone!! I think my dealer only has the road version with Cat available, I’ve had a word with them to see how easy it is to basically knock it out, we’ll see.
Thanks

Welcome to the ftr club!
You are lucky that this bike is so excellent in pretty much everything! Maybe the gas tank is a bit of a fuss!
But why didn't you test ride it first?

K9F

I didn't test ride my last four bike purchases. With the aftermarket possibilities today and an adaptable riding style you can make it how you want it and get the best out of it as many have done. In the UK last year at the beginning there were absolutely no demonstrators available, a relative small allocation of bikes to the dealers and they were selling quite well with deposits being dropped.

Murdock

My test ride with the Buell Lightning was a bit longer. I asked the dealer how long I can take it and he told me: "Go and have fun."
When I returned ......about 4 hours later ..... he asked me: "Where have you been?!?" :eek::ROFLMAO:

For the FTR, 45 Minutes have been enough to be convinced but the Buell was my first V-Twin and I was used to a GSX 750 F. The first 30 minutes on the Buell felt terrible but from then on the fun increased from minute to minute.

The dealer calmed down when I said "let's make the deal!" :cool:

By the way: On Friday I will pick up my FTR from the dealer! Yeah!!!!

Ooooh ...and a warm welcome to Yorkshire of course! ;):)

Last edited:

Greg

I didn’t test ride for the simple reason I saw it at the NEC Motorcycle show in November and thought it looked good. Since then it’s been cold, wet and miserable so I didn’t really see the point in a test ride.