Hi from Germany once more;-)

Hvnter

Just another "Hi from midwestern Germany" here ;-)

Alex, 31, riding motorcycles since being 18; mostly V2s - Harley, Buell, Duc, old Yamaha Bulldog and after an Indian Scout now finally got my FTR 1200 S RR:)

Currently planning loads of little tweaks and mods...
((btw: Does any1 here know what type of resistor is needed per side for 12v/1w LED aftermarket turnsignals?

Kindest Regards:)
Alex

kiwi dave

Does any1 here know what type of resistor is needed per side for 12v/1w LED aftermarket turnsignals?

Do they need a resistor? I'd try first without one. I think the blinkers are controlled by the dashboard and not some bi-metalic switch operating on current & time.

P.S. Just looked at mine. I think they're already LED. No sign of any egress to change a bulb,

Murdock

Yes, they need resistors. I cannot say what is required for a 1w LED, but as an example, the front turnsignals from Wunderkind (FTR specific!) come with 27 ohm resistors.

From where do you come exactly Alex? Midwest sounds like Ruhrgebiet :).

kiwi dave

Are we talking about a series resistor or a parallel one? The series resistor is required to limit the current through the LED, while a parallel one might be required to fool the system that the incandescent bulb has substituted with a lower demanding device, i.e. the LED.

Hvnter

afaik a parallel resistor is required due to the lower demand of the LED...

I am not really willing to pay that much for the Wunderkind turn signals and therefore looking for a suitable resistor....

@Murdock: Bottrop, nothern Ruhr-Area - right next to Grafenmühle

kiwi dave

Measure the existing current with the existing flasher, and then work out how much the parallel resistor needs to contribute to the resistor/LED combinatio. I hope you are familiar with Ohm's law.

kiwi dave

But I have to ask why? You're not achieving anything by replacing the existing setup with the LED version that you are describing.

Hvnter

well - more beautiful turn signals and plate relocation?;-)

EDIT: and maybe someone here just knows the right resistor-values/demand of the OEM turn signals for the FTR;-)

Last edited:

tomtom65

Just another "Hi from midwestern Germany" here ;-)

Alex, 31, riding motorcycles since being 18; mostly V2s - Harley, Buell, Duc, old Yamaha Bulldog and after an Indian Scout now finally got my FTR 1200 S RR:)

Currently planning loads of little tweaks and mods...
((btw: Does any1 here know what type of resistor is needed per side for 12v/1w LED aftermarket turnsignals?

Kindest Regards:)
Alex
HI Alex,

wo bist Du her? Ich wohne in Neuss (bei Düsseldorf).

Viele Grüße
TomTom