Hi from Montreal

Airbornebaby

Hi,

I'm a happy new member of the FTR community. I just rode my 2019 base model for the first time today and absolutely love it. I've ridden a lot of different machines over the years, mostly sportbikes, and this one is truly unique and just pure fun. I'm impressed by its build quality, design and simplicity. I'm in my mid 40s, been riding since I've been a kid, through different parts of the world, some track and racing. These days I'm enjoying riding locally in the Montreal region. I'd been intrigued by this bike for years. When my Moto Guzzi Griso was grounded for months due to dealer/parts delays for a critical job I jumped on this FTR. There's no way I'm not riding this season. Got lucky in getting it as there's not many of them up here. Here are my two machines. Happy riding!!!

IMG_20210423_150029_2.jpg

ForTheRandy

Welcome Airborne, the FTR is the purest motorcycle I've ever owned. Will put a smile on your face every time as you blast towards the Eastern Townships on the weekend. I just picked mine up two weeks ago. It's really well made and is a thing of beauty too. One item I bought recently you may find useful too is a Nelson-Rigg Trails End Tail Bag. Pretty inexpensive and expandable too.

Airbornebaby

Thx I'll look that up. Only thing I didn't like so far is the seat. I tend to sit further back from the tank and was pushing up against where it rises. Looking through forums and researching seat options as a first thing to get. I'll try and adjust my position tomorrow too. Amazing bike! Great to see you're getting the same smile, Indian nailed it!

Airbornebaby

The last time I saw a better looking pair may have been in Playboy!
haha yeah they do make a nice pair and are both fun to play with :) Having a blast on the FTR! Rode it all day yesterday with a grin ear to ear. Adjusted my position on it, seat still sucks. Planning on throwing on a Saddlemen, just trying to figure out which one of the three. Shopping for gizmos today to make it better. BTW danke mein FTR friend.

Airbornebaby

ForTheRandy I ended up getting a Saddlemen CF seat and it's a big improvement over stock. Got about 500 km on it. Top quality, looks great and even though it likely needs to break in some more it's already more comfortable on longer rides. I tend to ride all day and long distances. The little channel in the seat probably helps. Very happy with the purchase! Got an Abba stand too which is awesome, stable and IMHO much better than rear stands when working solo. Bike is coming along nicely and running great. Loving it more by the day.

Attachments

• IMG_20210515_204813_2.jpg
    IMG_20210515_204813_2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20210515_204925.jpg
    IMG_20210515_204925.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 10

Pmcb41

Welcome. I have the Saddlemen CF as well. I have 1000 miles on it and it is a big improvement over the stock seat. I will be heading to California next Saturday for a 2600 mile round trip. Ill let you know how it feels afterward. I have to agree with ForTheRandy, the FTR is pure motorcycle, the way it was when I started riding 45 years ago.