How much did you pay for your FTR?

NeopolitanShake

To anyone still curious, I ended up getting a ‘23 base standard for a rather steep price. OTD the first offer was $17,195. I countered saying I’d do $16,000. Their counter went up to $16,750. I shook on it as well as a first service included.

It hit me I should’ve started lower and asked for more. Negotiating has never been my strong suit.

EllenGtrGrl

I took the 2023 Rally for a test ride this afternoon. The bars are a little narrower (a plus for me), and it steers a little faster than my 2019 base steers (also a plus for me). The monthly payment was too high IMO (about $185/month), so I passed. Oh well, my 2019 is still a decent motorcycle IMO, so it's not the end of the world.

Last edited:

edgelett

I took the 2023 Rally for a test ride this afternoon. The bars are a little narrower (a plus for me), and it steers a little faster than my 2019 base steers (also a plus for me). The monthly payment was too high IMO opinion (about $185/month), so I passed. Oh well, my 2019 is still a decent motorcycle IMO, so it's not the end of the world.
glad you Rode it to see what the difference is - you can always get a set of 2023 Rally bars and pop them on your 2019 ;) 😉

EllenGtrGrl

glad you Rode it to see what the difference is - you can always get a set of 2023 Rally bars and pop them on your 2019 ;) 😉
I might end up doing so, though, the tires need to be taken care of first ($750-$1000 ouch!). Any ideas from anybody for street oriented tires (remember the front wheel is 19 inches) that won't break the bank?

Zilonis

In February 2021 I purchased my 2019 Race Replica for 15,500 OTD. I think I got them down 700 from asking and utilized the promo financing at the time of 2.9%.

Check out cycle trader dot com. It'll give you a good idea of all the prices in your area or even nationwide.

Fuse5

I might end up doing so, though, the tires need to be taken care of first ($750-$1000 ouch!). Any ideas from anybody for street oriented tires (remember the front wheel is 19 inches) that won't break the bank?
There are a lot out of a 1k $ range.
Would be a Pirelli Scorpion Trail II or Scorpion Rally STR an option?
Continental Trail Attack 3?
Set´s over here (Europe) are not 300€ at the moment .. simular in bucks.

another..
METZELER TOURANCE NEXT 2, Metzeler Karoo Street, Contintental TKC 70,
some Avon Tires (Spirit, Trailrider) as well, Dunlop Trailmax.

edgelett

for street tyres, I'd suggest Continental Road Attack 3, or Bridgestone T31.
Get a 160 rear tyre and it opens up a lot of options

EllenGtrGrl

There are a lot out of a 1k $ range.
Would be a Pirelli Scorpion Trail II or Scorpion Rally STR an option?
Continental Trail Attack 3?
Set´s over here (Europe) are not 300€ at the moment .. simular in bucks.

another..
METZELER TOURANCE NEXT 2, Metzeler Karoo Street, Contintental TKC 70,
some Avon Tires (Spirit, Trailrider) as well, Dunlop Trailmax.
Thanks for the info. :)

YMOS069

last year i paid EUR 9.900 for a fairly low milage MY19 (sub 1500 miles). the previous owner took great care of it - honestly it looked better than some of the test rides at the local Indian dealer. Got the changed plate mount, an optional windshield and sidecase(mount) along with it, i think it was a great deal!

one thing i came across alot while searching for a used FTR were fairly low milage ones with multiple (sometimes 3+) pre-owners. any ideas on whats usually causing this?

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
People don’t like quirky bikes, and it’s not what they wanted and didn’t test ride it before buying.

Azamatka

you really think so? I mean, THAT´S quirky = who really does so? I rode the FTR for full two days before signing.
I rode an FTR for 10 minutes before making up my mind to buy an FTR R Carbon.

I had never had a bike before getting the FTR and had zero experience with any other bikes.

People tend to make all kinds of stupid mistakes, you know 😀

edgelett

you really think so? I mean, THAT´S quirky = who really does so? I rode the FTR for full two days before signing.
strangely, lots of people buy bikes without test riding.
On the FB group we've seen dozens who have then later on decided:
  • it's not fast enough (they apparently want to do 300kph in a straight line)
  • it's not enough of a cruiser (the footpegs are 'uncomfortable' for people used to cruisers)
  • it doesn't have enough HP (cause people are again trying to ride at extreme speeds in straight lines)
  • they have never ridden a motorcycle in their life and bought this without a test ride then decided they didn't like it
people are weird. I test rode mine before I bought it.

smalj90

Bought mine for a steal in November. It was a left-over 22' Rally. Selling Price was $9300 - got it for about $11,400 OTD with tax, title, dealer fees etc.

Charliemurphay

I was prepared to buy mine without a test ride first. I walked into the dealer fully intending to do so. Mine was a long sitting showroom queen that they wanted to move so it was marked $1500 less than the other FTR’s next to it that were identical. While they were getting the paperwork ready they asked if I wanted to try their demo bike so I said sure and took the RR they had put for a quick spin. It only solidified my decision as the FTR had been at the top of my short list for a year. I rode mine home a couple hours later. This was March 2020 and I paid just under $17kUSD otd. Not cheap but I don’t regret it.

Key_to_life

I have been surprised how many low mileage units I’ve seen for sale. Not like these bikes are crazy fast or unpredictable so I’m not sure why people are selling them before the first oil change.

I definitely wouldn’t be afraid of a lightly used one and taking part of the savings to extend the warranty.
For me it’s absolute trash of a factory tune and bike being unrideable until warm coupled with garbage battery with constant drain somewhere on a 500 mile new 2019 bike. So I sold it after 250 miles because I wasn’t going to put money into something that should have been addressed from the factory. I’ll be looking to possibly pick up 2022+ model for a decent price and hope for better overall experience.