Indian FTR 1200 (S) - First impressions

Knox

I like the smooth, modern, look of the bike. From what I've seen, it looks like it's probably worth paying more to get the upgraded S version.

Hanson

From what I've seen, it looks like it's probably worth paying more to get the upgraded S version.

What are the specific qualities of the S that you like? It's definitely a sweet looking bike! I can see myself spending a lot of time in the garage making sure it keeps it's showroom beauty! :D

Knox

What are the specific qualities of the S that you like? It's definitely a sweet looking bike! I can see myself spending a lot of time in the garage making sure it keeps it's showroom beauty! :D
Don't get me wrong, the stripped back model is sweet, but I just prefer digital gauges and the S model offers an easier ride with its three riding modes - Rain, Sport, and Standard. Plus, it's nice to be able to adjust the suspension on the rear shock and front forks, you know?

Last edited:

Bad'Tude

Plus, it's nice to be able to adjust the suspension on the rear shock and front forks, you know?

I wonder what's involved in adding that after-market. I didn't get the S model, but I have to admit I really like the idea of adjustable suspension and as much as I love what I have, I'm kicking myself just a little.

Santiago Red

My bike will be with me for a while and I ride fairly often. So the way I see it, it's worth paying a few grand more to get something I'm going to love. I want to enjoy the ride. I'm just waiting for one of the dealerships near me to get them in for a test drive. Both models are supposed to be on the way.

Knox

I wonder what's involved in adding that after-market. I didn't get the S model, but I have to admit I really like the idea of adjustable suspension and as much as I love what I have, I'm kicking myself just a little.
Ah, that's a good question. I have a hard enough time finding a mechanic who can work on motorcycles without messing it all up, but I bet you could save money in the long run if you find one that's trustworthy. The stripped back version is a sweet ride too, and much of the hardware is the same.