Indian Wrecking Crew Tribute build

IWCREW

I'm the producer of the documentary the Indian Wrecking Crew (IWC) that was release in 2016. I worked on the documentary for 10 years gathering information and interviews of the post WWII era Hall-of-Fame racers. The production was out of pocket with me doing all the narration and editing. In 2017 Chassy Media picked up the IWC doc for distribution and when in discussion with them I mentioned Jay Leno had originally volunteered to narrate. Due to failed partnerships and time I let his involvement slide. Chassy Media (Nate Adams/Adam Carolla) asked Jay to redo my narration and he agreed so now the version being sold online has Jay Leno narrating. Polaris, since I started work on the doc bought Indian and I have worked with them over the past four years to promote their products. I took the original "Big Base" Scouts to Sturgis for their display one year. Now I've finally received a little help from Indian so I can build a Tribute to the Champions in my documentary. My plan is simple, make an FTR that I would ride using the colors schemes of the original "Indian Wrecking Crew". I wanted to make all three but settled on one as a tribute so it will be Indian Red and pearl orange. I'm making the tank panels out of red Carbon/Kevlar as well as the headlight cowl, side covers, fender and tail section. I've reached out to many manufacturer's for products with tremendous response. BST carbon wheels, BrakeTech rotors, Vortex/EK sproket chain, Gilles Tooling products, Twisted Throttle (R&G), S&S Cycle and MotoWheels. One more Manufacturer has all my nuts bolts (to include axles) and is making all of them out of Titanium for me. If you want a set of Titanium axles for your FTR let me know so I can pass it on... he will be offering a discount for the axle set to include rear wheel spacers. The artwork on this beast will be from George Sedlak who painted Evil's Helmets and XR.s in the 70's.

So that's who I am and what I'm doing.

edgelett

that looks great so far - can't wait to see the finished product!
by the way where can I see this doco?

IWCREW

You can get the "Indian Wrecking Crew" documentary on Amazon Prime, Chassy Media, itunes/Apple. I have the original version also if interested.

The Titanium grade is: Grade 5 that is also referred to as Grade 6/4 Titanium for anyone who wants to know, still working on prices for the bolts and axles and axle spacers.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
I watched part 1, ill rent it on amazon and enjoy a beer with it this weekend!

Ultratoad

I'm the producer of the documentary the Indian Wrecking Crew (IWC) that was release in 2016. I worked on the documentary for 10 years gathering information and interviews of the post WWII era Hall-of-Fame racers. The production was out of pocket with me doing all the narration and editing. In 2017 Chassy Media picked up the IWC doc for distribution and when in discussion with them I mentioned Jay Leno had originally volunteered to narrate. Due to failed partnerships and time I let his involvement slide. Chassy Media (Nate Adams/Adam Carolla) asked Jay to redo my narration and he agreed so now the version being sold online has Jay Leno narrating. Polaris, since I started work on the doc bought Indian and I have worked with them over the past four years to promote their products. I took the original "Big Base" Scouts to Sturgis for their display one year. Now I've finally received a little help from Indian so I can build a Tribute to the Champions in my documentary. My plan is simple, make an FTR that I would ride using the colors schemes of the original "Indian Wrecking Crew". I wanted to make all three but settled on one as a tribute so it will be Indian Red and pearl orange. I'm making the tank panels out of red Carbon/Kevlar as well as the headlight cowl, side covers, fender and tail section. I've reached out to many manufacturer's for products with tremendous response. BST carbon wheels, BrakeTech rotors, Vortex/EK sproket chain, Gilles Tooling products, Twisted Throttle (R&G), S&S Cycle and MotoWheels. One more Manufacturer has all my nuts bolts (to include axles) and is making all of them out of Titanium for me. If you want a set of Titanium axles for your FTR let me know so I can pass it on... he will be offering a discount for the axle set to include rear wheel spacers. The artwork on this beast will be from George Sedlak who painted Evil's Helmets and XR.s in the 70's.

So that's who I am and what I'm doing.
Fantastic undertaking and story.... The tribute bike sounds like something Indian should embrace and build.... Best of luck.... Think you earned it....

IWCREW

Here's where I set... as I wait for parts.
Started getting the Titanium bolts for fitment. Here's some pics. The manufacturer makes them in standard, dimpled (like shown) and drilled for racing in black, blue and chrome. Once he is ready to open this line up for sale I'll let you all know.

Attachments

• Front_Caliper_bolts.png
    Front_Caliper_bolts.png
    551.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Radiator_bolts.png
    Radiator_bolts.png
    527.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Rear_Sprocket_Nut.png
    Rear_Sprocket_Nut.png
    486.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Shock_Bolts.png
    Shock_Bolts.png
    495.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Side_Cover_bolts.png
    Side_Cover_bolts.png
    588.5 KB · Views: 19

IWCREW

How is your build coming along?
Been working on the molds for the carbon fiber parts. I will be using red carbon/kevlar for the build. I have a set of Indian accessory parts (tank haves, seat-headlight cowl, and fender) off to George Sedlak for paint and striping. Now that it's warming here in WA and my wife's swim shack is finished I'll be moving on the carbon manufacture. If anybody is interested in Titanium bolts and axles they will be available soon. Let me know if there is interest in the axles so I can pass on to the dealer.