IXIL and IXRace exhaust for the FTR1200S

Ray Tsang

Does anyone here has experience with the IXIL and IXRace exhaust for the FTR1200S? Are they good and worthwhile replacing the stock pipes? Thanks

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
if youre keeping the cat, its just for looks and sound, get what every looks and sounds best to you for the price.

Ray Tsang

Will share video hopefully in about 2 weeks. Shipping from Spain to China may take some time these days.

Hard to find a good tuner in China who knows what he/she is doing... any recommendation on the external computer/tuner?

K9F

There are only two worthy of mention and this is the one I used with surprisingly spectacular results:

FTRUK

There are only two worthy of mention and this is the one I used with surprisingly spectacular results:

Hi.What exhaust set up do you have.
I bought the FTR1200s (2019) and had the S&S slip on shotgun with Morespeed decat link pipe.
Also bought the PV3 and have had it on Colins Dyno couple times now (5 hours last time).
ive got massive vibration problems (Realy bad over 70mph) and usual popping and banging.He is thinking that the exhaust is too short he had problems with his Tice, and now runs the Dr Jeckle (electric baffle).Maybe start toying with putting in baffle to cut vibration down.Do fuel Moto just sell the maps ? Do they work as good here in Uk with UK fuel and atmos preasure difference ? From reading it looks like you have to buy the PV3 to get the maps ?

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
FMs tunes are "free" when you buy a tuner from them, ive never seen them sell just their tunes. But always worth calling them.

Indian of Charlotte will sell just their tune for $175usd, it can me emailed to you, and they have the foreign bugs worked out as well.

And return the bike to stock tune, if its still vibrating then its the bike itself, a member on the other forum named "HATT" has the same issue, indian hasnt figured it out.

K9F

Hi FTRUK,

I assume if you’ve had it on Colin’s dyno you may be local? I live only a couple of miles away from Moore Speed. I have a Moore Speed decat and Akrapovics fitted. Initially I was booked in to Moore Speed 14 April for PV3 and dyno time but Covid shutdown put that idea to bed. Having time and a yearning for a decent tune I did a little research and took other forum members recommendations and discovered that you could get a remote tune with a PV3 and lifetime map support from Fuel Moto USA (without import taxes and shipping) for £319 in our money. The deal was done considering the PV3 alone is £430 here. I was always under the misguided impression the best way to tune a bike is with dyno time and this was my first foray into remote tuning. I was sent two maps to try and both are awesome over stock and I have no reservations about remote tuning. Your experience has also reaffirmed my belief that dyno time tuning is only as good as the person doing the adjustments. Make some enquiries with Fuel Moto, or as your bike is running like a bag of spanner’s seek a refund for your PV3 and save £100 by buying it from Fuel Moto with their excellent services all included.
Once I received the PV3 and downloaded and sent my stock files I had two maps returned via e-mail within 24 hours.

Did you mean TOCE exhaust when you mention he had had running problems too? If so I wonder what map he is running with it? others are running the same pipe without issues and with an American originated remote map.

As a footnote I bought the Akrapovics as my S was not an RR and I wanted rid of the cat straight away. At the very beginning the standard pipes exhaust hangar only attached to the upper pipe. I was aware due to what occurred with Colin’s FTR due to the V-twin pulsing and the way the bracket was formed if you ran without a cat the exhausts could fail quite spectacularly, Akrapovics at that time was one of the only proven aftermarket options.

Last edited:

FTRUK

Hi FTRUK,

I assume if you’ve had it on Colin’s dyno you may be local? I live only a couple of miles away from Moore Speed. I have a Moore Speed decat and Akrapovics fitted. Initially I was booked in to Moore Speed 14 April for PV3 and dyno time but Covid shutdown put that idea to bed. Having time and a yearning for a decent tune I did a little research and took other forum members recommendations and discovered that you could get a remote tune with a PV3 and lifetime map support from Fuel Moto USA (without import taxes and shipping) for £319 in our money. The deal was done considering the PV3 alone is £430 here. I was always under the misguided impression the best way to tune a bike is with dyno time and this was my first foray into remote tuning. I was sent two maps to try and both are awesome over stock and I have no reservations about remote tuning. Your experience has also reaffirmed my belief that dyno time tuning is only as good as the person doing the adjustments. Make some enquiries with Fuel Moto, or as your bike is running like a bag of spanner’s seek a refund for your PV3 and save £100 by buying it from Fuel Moto with their excellent services all included.
Once I received the PV3 and downloaded and sent my stock files I had two maps returned via e-mail within 24 hours.

Did you mean TOCE exhaust when you mention he had had running problems too? If so I wonder what map he is running with it? others are running the same pipe without issues and with an American originated remote map.

As a footnote I bought the Akrapovics as my S was not an RR and I wanted rid of the cat straight away. At the very beginning the standard pipes exhaust hangar only attached to the upper pipe. I was aware due to what occurred with Colin’s FTR due to the V-twin pulsing and the way the bracket was formed if you ran without a cat the exhausts could fail quite spectacularly, Akrapovics at that time was one of the only proven aftermarket options.
Thanks for reply ,
Colin gave up with his exhaust (tice or toce ) ,he could not reduce the vibration ,he spent hours messing with it,it’s better with the Dr Jeckle,I’ve ridden it and it’s miles smoother than mine.I not convinced it’s the exhaust yet,feels more like transmission.But I want a low exhaust ,I am not having those stock exhausts or anything like them on the bike.
Colin reckons tuning ( now a custom tune )is as good as can get(it still pops and bangs) and he thinks it’s the exhaust, that’s at fault, he’s going to fit a standard exhaust back on and feel what its like.ive got the FTR1200 s race model ,with the S&S slip on Grand National I love the sound of it.Seems a waste of cash getting that PV3.First thing I said when buying this ...I don’t want any fueling issues, as I had a nightmare in 2006 with a MV Augusta Brutale 910R.

Last edited:

K9F

The stock fuelling seems in hindsight woefully lacking. The remapping experience for me was very easy and totally transformed the running and performance of the machine into a completely different bike altogether. It gives you more time to enjoy it’s full potential and capabilities without concerns for the quirks and foibles of a machine that has been setup to meet stringent emissions rather than capability. Very surprised he gave up on the pipe. Ferraiolo1 has the same setup I believe? Maybe he’ll chip in?

Ray Tsang

Thanks for all the sharing, very helpful, looks like getting a PV3 from FM is the way to go. They probably won't have a map for IXIL with/without the cat, I assume that they can create one after I downloaded the stock map.

IXIL told me that there is no "need" to change the map, but a custom map will enhance the performance. May be the way to go is let's install the pipe and see how it runs before messing up with the fuel setting. Will report back to this group when done. Thx

K9F

You can 'log files' with the PV3 connected to the bike whilst running. Send these 'log files' back to Fuel Moto and they will update your mapping accordingly.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Toce makes a slip on and a full system.

The map for the full system took about a month to build. If your friend boggy the full system and not the map designed for it. That’s why it didn’t work right.

FTRUK

The stock fuelling seems in hindsight woefully lacking. The remapping experience for me was very easy and totally transformed the running and performance of the machine into a completely different bike altogether. It gives you more time to enjoy it’s full potential and capabilities without concerns for the quirks and foibles of a machine that has been setup to meet stringent emissions rather than capability. Very surprised he gave up on the pipe. Ferraiolo1 has the same setup I believe? Maybe he’ll chip in?
Trouble is I bought the PV3 on the belief that a one off flash and Dyno was enough from Moorespeed ,as I don’t have any Windows based Tech at home to do it myself.Not feeling happy about all this now.
This was the first S&S slip on they have fitted.

K9F

Moore Speed have provided me with outstanding service and customer care. I very nearly committed to the same process as yourself having discussed my desires with them, nevertheless circumstances, frustration, boredom and eagerness dictated I explore other options. There are two main tuner providers and they do exactly what it says on the tin. They are masters of their trade and their reputations, commendations from users of their maps and service speak for themselves.

Do yourself a massive favour and find someone with the Windows Tech to be able to assist you and in the first instance contact both Indian of Charlotte and Fuel Moto USA and explain your predicament and see what they can do?

If you are local to myself I only work Mondays to Wednesdays and can assist if this helps you out? I have limited experience but know the process and how to download and upload maps to and from the PV3. Drop me a PM if I can help? This could potentially be such an easy fix?

Craig from Fuel Moto USA has a large presence on the other Indian Forum and Fuel Moto has a 38 page 747 post at the latest count thread dedicated to FTR tuning. You could always try and drop them/him a direct PM from there too?

I cannot offer you any further advice or assistance apart from that!

Last edited:

FTRUK

Moore Speed have provided me with outstanding service and customer care. I very nearly committed to the same process as yourself having discussed my desires with them, nevertheless circumstances, frustration, boredom and eagerness dictated I explore other options. There are two main tuner providers and they do exactly what it says on the tin. They are masters of their trade and their reputations, commendations from users of their maps and service speak for themselves.

Do yourself a massive favour and find someone with the Windows Tech to be able to assist you and in the first instance contact both Indian of Charlotte and Fuel Moto USA and explain your predicament and see what they can do?

If you are local to myself I only work Mondays to Wednesdays and can assist if this helps you out? I have limited experience but know the process and how to download and upload maps to and from the PV3. Drop me a PM if I can help? This could potentially be such an easy fix?

Craig from Fuel Moto USA has a large presence on the other Indian Forum and Fuel Moto has a 38 page 747 post at the latest count thread dedicated to FTR tuning. You could always try and drop them/him a direct PM from there too?

I cannot offer you any further advice or assistance apart from that!
Thanks for that offer of help ,much appreciated.
lets see what unfolds now,they agree it’s a virtually un rideable with that vibration ,going to put it all back to stock and try again,just to see if it still there.Then start stripping out if needed.He has spoken to Indian Tech and they saying never heard of it.