IXIL and IXRace exhaust for the FTR1200S

FTRUK

Just an update on problems .
Bike has been back in workshop nearly 2 weeks , now has clutch removed and awaiting new one from USA.
As they think bearing in the clutch basket is causing vibration ( only basket being replaced,not plates).Bearing dosnt look too bad to me.
Had all stock cat,silencers ,map ,fitted and they said vibration still present.
loosing faith in this bike fast, had noting but problems and even if vibration cured, will it be still running rough with the S&S slip on and decat pipe.

Last edited:

Ray Tsang

As promised, modification on my FTR1200S Carbon so far:
  • Protaper Rally handlebar
  • Stock mid-size windguard with holders
  • Stock high license plate mount
  • Stock side luggage rack
  • Kriega soft pannier (not shown on pic)
  • Scorpian Trail II 120/70/19 front, 150/70/18 rear
  • Wheels painted gold
  • DID 525 ZVM-X 120 links gold chain
  • PowerVision 3 (on its way)
  • K&N air intake filter
  • IXIL Silencer and Cat remover pipe
  • Barkbusters handguards
  • R&G radiator, water tank, front wheel and engine protector
  • Still in search: chain guards, mirrors, and grips
Thanks for all the input and advice from this forum! The IXIL works really well even with the Cat removed, and before the ECU re-map (still waiting for the PV3). Very happy with it so far.

微信图片_20200726001736.jpg

微信图片_20200726001814.jpg微信图片_20200726001843.jpg微信图片_20200726001855.jpg微信图片_20200726001903.jpg微信图片_20200726001954.jpg

John-FTR17

Really nice Mods Ray! I just got my FTR last week and still undecided on Exhaust swap but did get the Fuel Moto Mid Pipe and was thinking S&S slip on to see how that works.

Let us know how that exhaust works with a Tune once you get your PV3.

Massimo

Just an update on problems .
Bike has been back in workshop nearly 2 weeks , now has clutch removed and awaiting new one from USA.
As they think bearing in the clutch basket is causing vibration ( only basket being replaced,not plates).Bearing dosnt look too bad to me.
Had all stock cat,silencers ,map ,fitted and they said vibration still present.
loosing faith in this bike fast, had noting but problems and even if vibration cured, will it be still running rough with the S&S slip on and decat pipe.
Just a question , still the stock tires ?

Ray Tsang

Really nice Mods Ray! I just got my FTR last week and still undecided on Exhaust swap but did get the Fuel Moto Mid Pipe and was thinking S&S slip on to see how that works.

Getting the PV3 today and will try to map the canned tune and see how it goes. Then I will send the Log to FM for customizing the tune. Will keep you posted!

Ray Tsang

Just a question , still the stock tires ?
Scorpian Trail II 120/70/19 front, 150/70/18 rear

I want a bit more traction for the curves especially in the rain. I heard a lot of good thing about the Attack 3 from this forum with a wider (160/60/18) rear tire but unfortunately I can't find them in China....I think the Scopian is the next best option without changing the rims... So far I am very happy with it

Ray Tsang

I still have the stock rear sprocket but changed the DID chain, which does run smoother then the stock chain...

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Yes the 43T is the stock sprocket for the Chinese market. All other FTRs come with a 49t rear sprocket stock.

Ray Tsang

Yes the 43T is the stock sprocket for the Chinese market. All other FTRs come with a 49t rear sprocket stock.
I see, didn't notice that. I know Ducati did the same on the MTS in China, and everyone I know changed the sprocket and the chain. I have no idea how does it compare to the 49t...
A question back to you, is there a reason for me to change to 49t? i assume that would be a larger sprocket and should have less slack and a better gear-ratio?

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
49t is too low of a gear. And it makes the bike hard to launch. I’m looking at moving to a smaller rear sprocket

Massimo

Yes stock tyres, bike still in workshop, don’t even stock a clutch in UK.
Before I changed the stock tires on mine I felt a vibration too ! In handlebar and footrests ! I think the dealers in Belgium are the same as in the UK !

Ray Tsang

Finally got my PV3 this week, first read the STK file and sent back to FuelMoto, then Craig sent me back two custom tunes with my specs - one with a larger area of feedback loop and another with less. Craig recommended me to try each for 100miles then decide which one to use. I have to say that I am already very happy with the first tune file, there is no more cold start problem, smooth engine speed shifting down from 3rd to 2nd to 1st gear, and no back-fire from the IXIL straight pipe (cat removed). The exhaust sound is really nice (for its price point). The bike is running very smoothly. Highly recommend PV3 and FM.

I also installed the Healtech Quickshifter today, it works really well and I think i have now finally done with the modification of this bike!

FTRUK

Before I changed the stock tires on mine I felt a vibration too ! In handlebar and footrests ! I think the dealers in Belgium are the same as in the UK !
The vibration this bike has is felt when standing still just revving it up.
they fitted clutch ,and it’s still the same, they have had a go at fixing the fault, it’s been 5 months now,and I’ve called time and want a new bike.

Massimo

The vibration this bike has is felt when standing still just revving it up.
they fitted clutch ,and it’s still the same, they have had a go at fixing the fault, it’s been 5 months now,and I’ve called time and want a new bike.
I had the same problem with my Husaberg and the engine - frame bolts were loose !