Key alignment

kamikaze

I have about 3500 miles on my ftr 1200. The tires have been changed, the services have been completed and the tank covers have been replaced. However at some point I've noticed that the key is about 1/4" below where it should be. I don't see any adjustments for it. The original tank covers don't change anything. Anyone familiar with what could be wrong. I've looked on google as well as youtube and can't seem to find anything. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

kiwi dave

I have about 3500 miles on my ftr 1200. The tires have been changed, the services have been completed and the tank covers have been replaced. However at some point I've noticed that the key is about 1/4" below where it should be. I don't see any adjustments for it. The original tank covers don't change anything. Anyone familiar with what could be wrong. I've looked on google as well as youtube and can't seem to find anything. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
This may be of help identifying the item you are talking about.

kamikaze

This may be of help identifying the item you are talking about.

The compression limiter bezel looks to be in the right spot (wouldn't swear to it). The gap between that and the key is about 1/4 inch.

kamikaze

That is it you are correct. Thank you for your help. It must have been flipped over while getting my tires changed as I showed up without the tank covers on.