LCD Display

Pinglan

Hi guy's.
I don't know if it's just me and I'm a complete newbie or does the analog meter has info the lcd does not...
I have the lcd display and I can't see voltage or average/current fuel consumption.. I can see how many miles I have left, but no more.
Is there some hidden menu on the lcd that someone can tell me about or is it just that the analog display is better in that way?

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
thats just stuff the analog display has, since its the same one used on the scout.

cupcake_mike

I didn't know about the voltage indication omission...just another reason why I like the standard better, I guess. I've had enough stators die on bikes that voltage is one of the few things that I really care about on the display.

Max Kool

It's nice to be able to read the voltage in the dash, but tbh I never had a stator die in 35 years....

cupcake_mike

It's nice to be able to read the voltage in the dash, but tbh I never had a stator die in 35 years....

I've replaced around 1 a year, between my bikes and friends bikes, for probably the last 10 years, at least. It was kind of an expected failure around 35k on these particular brands of bikes, so no real surprise. I've also made it a habit to install a $5 lcd voltage gauge in the dash when i have the opportunity/room to do so. Never had a quality aftermarket stator fail on me, though. Seems like most of them have been because people run the wrong oil in bikes and it screws up the stators.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
If you have a PV3, they make a handle bar mount, it shows volts and pretty much everything else you could ever want to see about your bike.

Charliemurphay

If you have a PV3, they make a handle bar mount, it shows volts and pretty much everything else you could ever want to see about your bike.
The only thing else I wish it showed that it doesn’t is oil pressure and oil temp. But I do like having the voltage display on mine, amongst other bits of useless info (intake temp, manifold pressure...)

Blue1

Put 70K (40K on one) on three different Kawasakis, no issues with stators.

Put 70K (40K on one) on two Suzukis, replaced one stator in each.

All had proper oil type throughout their life. Suzuki fours eat stators. Otherwise bullet proof.

Kawasaki fours? Bullet proof with no qualifications.

The FTR will be maintained as per factory (spec or better). We'll see how it makes out in a few seasons.