License Plate Relocation

cheekykevUK

Hi All, has anyone purchased the New Rage License Plate Relocation Kit? I was wondering
Yes, I had it fitted when I bought the bike, not impressed, it looks like it's just been stuck on as an after thought, which in truth it is, see picture below.
Plus if you have one fitted you loose the option to have a grab rail or rack.
I'm an engineer, so I ended making my own tail tidy out of aluminium and got it powder coated, looks fine, and looks like it belongs there, I'll put a picture when I've fitted it, also made a rear mud catcher.

Attachments

• 20191031_123219.jpg
    20191031_123219.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 98
Last edited:

jojo

Well being that I am in PA, the plate size will work, but I wanted to know how good or bad it was constructed.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
That reply was for the Uk member above.
There was one guy on the Facebook group who said his came with the wrong connector and a stripped screw. The others who used them had no issues.

It’s the one I was going to buy but they took months longer than they said to release it so I went another route.
It’s the only one you can buy that angles the plate where it does. Other than toce

Robbieuk

I have just fitted the power bronze kit all went well till I tried to re-use the number plate light but with a bit of drilling I managed to fit it.

Attachments

• tail tidy .jpg
    tail tidy .jpg
    396.6 KB · Views: 42

Staedtler

I fitted the Powerbronze one and also drilled out the bracket to accept the standard number plate light, saved messing about with splicing in the supplied light.

K9F

Robbie I know we have to have larger plates in the UK but yours is 'mahoosive' that's got to be a full 9" X 5" surely? Puts me in mind of an aircraft air brake.

AIR BRAKE.jpg

Have a play with the link below and see if there's anything that takes your fancy?

Number Plate Creator & Designer - Car, Motorcycle, & Bike Number Plates UK (motoshowplates.com)

I only have a six digit plate and to stay on the correct side of legality this is as small as I can go but it's still huge in comparison to some of the postage stamps I see over here nailed on. If I was to go smaller with my luck I'd get 50 yards from the house before getting pulled. I also don't want to run the risk of having the plate taken off me in the event of getting pulled personally.

IMG_1232.jpg

Last edited:
I have just fitted the power bronze kit all went well till I tried to re-use the number plate light but with a bit of drilling I managed to fit it.
Just realized you're a brit right? Driving a damn American made Indian AND an American owned Jeep brand as well! You a secret American there mate?

Staedtler

Alas ’our’ FTR’s are made in Poland, at least after the first 6 months production from the US they are... My August 19 made FTR was made in Poland at their Opole plant.

K9F

Just realized you're a brit right? Driving a damn American made Indian AND an American owned Jeep brand as well! You a secret American there mate?

There are quite a few 'closet Americans' over in the UK. Best time of my life was had on two TDYs over your side of the pond. A four and a half month one at Fort Walton Beach Florida (Eglin AFB) and another two and a half month one at Hurlburt Field AFB. I too have a penchant for American iconic branded vehicles. The 'Lumbering Behemoth' for more sedate riding than the FTR can offer.

harley_df788ae6531e5b630047f8b241fc278aae84de4d.jpg

K9F

Fudpuckers on the beach before it moved to Fort Walton and Nightown Destin were two of my favorite haunts. Along with Victors, Hog's Breath and a few others in Fort Walton itself. Best time of my entire life especially being there for Labor Day first trip and Spring Break the second. With a British accent and being single the World at that time was limitless.

DeplorableOne

Fudpuckers on the beach before it moved to Fort Walton and Nightown Destin were two of my favorite haunts. Along with Victors, Hog's Breath and a few others in Fort Walton itself. Best time of my entire life especially being there for Labor Day first trip and Spring Break the second. With a British accent and being single the World at that time was limitless.
I'm sure. We actually had to move away due to the gulf oil spill, I liked FWB much more than Destin, but Destin had the beach. We lived right behind the palms in what is now the Indian lake condominiums. Only went to nightgown once, used to work right by there, building cars

Robbieuk

Robbie I know we have to have larger plates in the UK but yours is 'mahoosive' that's got to be a full 9" X 5" surely? Puts me in mind of an aircraft air brake.

View attachment 2814

Have a play with the link below and see if there's anything that takes your fancy?

Number Plate Creator & Designer - Car, Motorcycle, & Bike Number Plates UK (motoshowplates.com)

I only have a six digit plate and to stay on the correct side of legality this is as small as I can go but it's still huge in comparison to some of the postage stamps I see over here nailed on. If I was to go smaller with my luck I'd get 50 yards from the house before getting pulled. I also don't want to run the risk of having the plate taken off me in the event of getting pulled personally.

View attachment 2815
That is the number plate that the bike come with ?