Longtime lurker…

acrws

Hi y’all. At this point, I’ve had my FTR just over a year, and I’ve been lurking this forum just as long, so I thought I’d drop an intro post finally.

I’m Ana! I’m based in Florida and I’ve been riding since 2018. I own a 2019 FTR 1200S Race Replica that is absolutely my baby. Also, for 2022 I am an Indian Motorcycle Ambassador (you can see my ambassador adventures on Instagram @musicgeek013, but also, lots of food pics).

FTR mods:
  • Akrapovic link pipe & removed baffles
  • Puig windscreen
  • Puig Vintage 2.0 frame sliders
  • Bar end mirror
  • NRC tail tidy
  • (SOON) Saddlemen custom seat
  • (Sometimes) Luggage rack
  • (Sometimes) Number plates
  • Lloydz Secret Sauce tune
  • RSD lever guards
  • RSD engine cover
  • RSD brake res caps
  • RSD pegs
  • RSD spools
Here’s me, but more importantly, here’s my FTR:

Attachments

• 7CA97E46-1300-4511-BCBD-DD9B6D7D09C7.jpeg
    7CA97E46-1300-4511-BCBD-DD9B6D7D09C7.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 71
  • A487566B-BA3A-4284-8BF2-6EEABF1EDEAD.jpeg
    A487566B-BA3A-4284-8BF2-6EEABF1EDEAD.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 70

Webby

Howdy from TX Miss Ana. I got to be an Ambassador for KTM Bicycles a few years back and enjoyed showing off my ride all over New Orleans. I'll have to get on Instgram and check out you rFood and Bikin Fun!

Tombo66

Hi y’all. At this point, I’ve had my FTR just over a year, and I’ve been lurking this forum just as long, so I thought I’d drop an intro post finally.

I’m Ana! I’m based in Florida and I’ve been riding since 2018. I own a 2019 FTR 1200S Race Replica that is absolutely my baby. Also, for 2022 I am an Indian Motorcycle Ambassador (you can see my ambassador adventures on Instagram @musicgeek013, but also, lots of food pics).

FTR mods:
  • Akrapovic link pipe & removed baffles
  • Puig windscreen
  • Puig Vintage 2.0 frame sliders
  • Bar end mirror
  • NRC tail tidy
  • (SOON) Saddlemen custom seat
  • (Sometimes) Luggage rack
  • (Sometimes) Number plates
  • Lloydz Secret Sauce tune
  • RSD lever guards
  • RSD engine cover
  • RSD brake res caps
  • RSD pegs
  • RSD spools
Here’s me, but more importantly, here’s my FTR:
Looking good! Few questions for ya:
What brand is the luggage rack? Does it come on / off easily?

planning for the same exhaust and secret sauce; would you consider the exhaust too load or about right?

Also curious why you haven’t upgrade the intake filter

acrws

Welcome from MN! What kinds of activities do you do as an ambassador?
Any additional mods planned?
Hiya! Activities are a low-key sort of thing; share how much I love my bike via Instagram, local events, and occasionally go to regional motorcycle happenings (Daytona, Austin, Sturgis are on my calendar this year). Oh, also, keep @ferraiolo1 in line. ;)

As far as more mods, I am pretty happy with the bike at this point. I have picked up the RSD wheels but not sure if I’m going to put them on as-is or get them painted red first…no real rush, though. For a long time I wanted the S&S high exhaust, but I get lots of compliments on the sound of the current setup, so I find myself reluctant to drop the cash on the S&S.

TBH, my next mod may be a second FTR (likely Rally) to take on the dirt. I’m pretty precious about my Race Replica but I’d like to ride with some local Africa Twin/big KTM/Super Tenere rascals.

acrws

Looking good! Few questions for ya:
What brand is the luggage rack? Does it come on / off easily?

planning for the same exhaust and secret sauce; would you consider the exhaust too load or about right?

Luggage rack is the Indian Motorcycle one. Really easy; remove passenger handles, install luggage rack. Combined with a set of Rok Straps, was perfect for a duffel with a week’s worth of clothes + work laptop.

I would consider the exhaust to be just right. It gets deeper just about as much as it gets louder. I get a lot of compliments on it and zero complaints from the neighbors. I am somewhat glad I didn’t have to do the baffles myself, but if you haven’t already found it, Aaron Colton/Garage93 has an excellent how-to video.

The simple answer on the intake is…because it hasn’t caused me any problems that I know of. 😂

Max Kool

Pure, unadulterated ADHD. I forget about this place for weeks at a time until I get the “Posts you’ve missed” email 😂
Ah, you’re also the kind that needs bookmarks to be organized, but too easily distracted to actually do that.

Charliemurphay

The K&N filter provides no real increase in power per dyno results by both of the reputable tuners FYI. 1-2hp at the most. 5hp if you put the sticker on.
For a long time I wanted the S&S high exhaust, but I get lots of compliments on the sound of the current setup, so I find myself reluctant to drop the cash on the S&S.
I have the S&S high mount (50 state with the integrated cats). There are pro’s and con’s to it for sure. Pros are it looks frikin great, sounds great without being too loud but sounds aggressive (not as loud as a cat delete or Toce). Con’s being mild power decrease, and pushing the right leg out, though that last one doesn’t bother me at all. The heat with it being up against your leg is a factor too but again it’s never really bothered me especially since I upgraded the insulation underneath to a much thicker material. If you sit for awhile yea it gets hot but when you’re moving I don’t notice any heat at all.

pv123

Bike looks amazing!

One question, I also got the same puig sliders, but not really clear on how to install them, do you just remove the frame screws and mount it directly? Sorry for being a noob :)

Thanks