Low windshield

DavidT

Does anyone have experience with the low windshield? Im interested in buying the indian low windscreen with Hope's it will keep some of the wind off my chest. I would like to hear some experience. Thank you

Unruly Rider

I test rode one of the demo bikes with the small windshield, didn't do a whole lot to be honest. I'd look at some options from the aftermarket for something with more function.

SURLY

Indian make a higher screen for your bike I have it on my bike and it keeps some wind off me so could suit you.
I have just fitted the low one because it looks better but have not tried it yet but it does not appear to do more than look pretty.

DavidT

Thank you for the replies. I think the low windshield looks nice and if it blocked some wind I was thinking about buying it. I figured the taller one indian offered would work quite well but it's not as aesthetically pleasing.

Ultratoad

I had the low screen on my FTR for a while. At speed it keeps quite a lot of air off your chest. Just didn't like the looks on the bike. Ended up putting the small number plate screen on. Looks right on the FTR and does cut some air at higher speeds....

DavidT

I had the low screen on my FTR for a while. At speed it keeps quite a lot of air off your chest. Just didn't like the looks on the bike. Ended up putting the small number plate screen on. Looks right on the FTR and does cut some air at higher speeds....
Do you still have the low screen? All I'm looking for is just a little air off my chest.

Unruly Rider

Just installed the PowerBronze medium height windshield, made a noticeable improvement at highway speeds and looks much better than the Indian windshields IMO:
20200410_183249.jpg
20200410_183343.jpg
20200410_183310.jpg

JDP

I tried 3 different size windshields and riding without one was the best just flip the shield down on your helmet and hang on

Unruly Rider

I tried 3 different size windshields and riding without one was the best just flip the shield down on your helmet and hang on
Different strokes for different folks, but I can honestly say that it's 100% functional. Dropping the visor isn't the same as a shield or fairing that directs air up and over the rider's body, this removes a noticeable amount of the pressure on my helmet as well as my upper body. I can hold 125mph in a tuck while riding into a 20mph headwind without feeling like I'm being ripped off the bike as I did before... proof enough for me.