Lower handlebars

edgelett

how difficult was all the recabling?
I'm still getting used to the bike so not changing bars just yet but contemplating it for the future so I sit a bit more over the tank

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Only pain was drilling the alignment holes for the switches. Everything else was simple.

If you like a more forward position it’s a worth while mod. I’m still happy with them after 1k miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edgelett

You knew about these!
yes but I forgot about them lol

seriously though there are a few i'm looking at, and I'm not sure if I want the Rizoma retro style ones made just for the Indian or this set.
it's only cause I rode the other bike today that I remembered how much more I prefer a lower set of bars haha

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
I would check. I’m pretty sure the Indian specific ones you also have to drill for the switches.
But it you don’t. Then they would be worth the extra money.

edgelett

When you go to the Indian FTR1200S page on the Rizoma website, these are the 2 options:

i'm just not sure about the retro clip ons, whether they will be TOO aggressive of an angle.
i like the look of yours though

JDP

I installed a set of Jared meers replica flat track bars they are wider and pulled back alittle more, had to reroute the wires but wasn’t too bad of a job, I like the way they feel

edgelett

yeah I looked at the Retro Clipons, but I agree I think they're over priced and I'm not sure how much further over the bars I'd end up - might be TOO far for my liking.
I love naked bikes but don't love sports bikes and just want to be a little lower over the bars. The ones in the OP are probably what I'm after I think

nathanw

Mounted ProTaper universal low bend bars. It was an easy swap. Haven't used them yet on the FTR but I have on dirt bikes. Much better position than the stock bars; low rise and less sweep. Clip ons and clubmans are not what this bike is about IMO.

thrilhou

@edgelett Did you ever install lower bars? If so, what did you pick?

I am trying to decide what to do between the 006, 009, or 011. Maybe the Protapers mentioned above.
Does anyone know what the dimensions of the stock bar are? Can't seem to find them. @ferraiolo1 shows them next to each other, but I can't quite tell from the rotation...

edgelett

Sadly no, our dollar has been plummeting like a rock so I can’t afford the currency conversion at the moment.
but will get the 011’s.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
29mm or 1 1/8in in the center and 7/8in at the grip.
It’s your standard “fat bar”

thrilhou

29mm or 1 1/8in in the center and 7/8in at the grip.
It’s your standard “fat bar”

Ah, sorry. Should have been clearer. I know it's an 1-1/8, i meant the rise, reach, height dims. Trying to gauge how much of a drop i want. But thanks for confirming the diameters.

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
Ah, sorry. Should have been clearer. I know it's an 1-1/8, i meant the rise, reach, height dims. Trying to gauge how much of a drop i want. But thanks for confirming the diameters.

All those specs are on rizomas website.