Mirrors

kyletbandit

Has anyone found different mirrors to replace the stock mirrors? Looking for something besides bar ends that dont cost a fortune.

Pmcb41

I have the Rizoma mirrors. To be honest they look great but are not quite as good of visibility as the stock ones. I have seen a few people with mirrors mounted below the bars and wondered how that might work. I just go fast enough that I don’t worry about what’s behind me.😊

Timps27

I have Amazon bar ends that only cost around $45, they work and look good (I actually get a lot of positive comments on them). I added some Sato inner bar weights and some stainless fasteners from Lowe’s, all in cost around $70.

7524469D-D906-4AA2-9DCA-A2336DFCB871.jpeg

Timps27

They bolt on with their own supplied hardware. However, if you want to add the inner bar weights the fasteners don’t fit, so I took the opportunity to add $5 worth of new stainless fasteners that matched the bar weights. I also use a bit of double sided 3M foam tape inside the clamp to keep them from rotating in the wind. With those small mods (~$10 for fasteners and tape, $20 for the weights) they are a perfect inexpensive solution IMO.

Ultratoad

Take a look at the Moto Gadget mirrors.... A little pricey, but you get what you pay for.... Best mirror out there at any price.... many different shapes and sizes.... They make several that fit the existing mounts....

mtFTRnh

I tried mounting two different mirrors I had sitting around. I still couldn't see around my shoulders. (I'm 6'3" tall and have wide shoulders). So....decided to go under the bars like shown in a previous post. I found these mirrors on eBay for <$30. They are Chinese made, but not as crappy as most of what's listed on eBay. They adjust differently than most mirrors.as there is no ball joint on the back side of the mirror...but they do hold steady. I like the look. It's hard to even see the bike has mirrors if you look at it from the front.

Attachments

• IMG_0118.jpg
    IMG_0118.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0119.jpg
    IMG_0119.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_0120.jpg
    IMG_0120.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0116.jpg
    IMG_0116.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0117.jpg
    IMG_0117.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 29

mtFTRnh

Here’s a link for the mirrors in my previous post:

D

Deleted member 706

I got some Kiwav mirrors after someone else recommended them. I like them, they don't vibrate and blur the vision.

Attachments

• IMG_20201229_171610.jpg
    IMG_20201229_171610.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 34
  • IMG_20201229_171841.jpg
    IMG_20201229_171841.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 35

Breto

276D7590-4A9F-4DFD-AB0C-5659F39EBD4E.jpeg0999D336-A6CB-4B38-9E41-93529D3C213A.jpeg
I went for these glassless jobbies…nice, expensive though but very cool…thinking about swinging them under at the moment…I like that look I must admit…👍😎

FTR London

I have Amazon bar ends that only cost around $45, they work and look good (I actually get a lot of positive comments on them). I added some Sato inner bar weights and some stainless fasteners from Lowe’s, all in cost around $70.

View attachment 3481
These are a good choice because they don't impede filtering given the width of the bars. I am continually having to tuck my r/h mirror in and fitting both would have meant that I couldn't filter at all.

edgelett

In some circumstances it can be very tight filtering through traffic in the UK. I believe the term in the US is 'lane splitting' - not sure what you call it in Oz.
we call it filtering when the traffic is stationary or moving at slow speed.
Splitting is when traffic is moving at proper traffic speed.
Reason for the different terms is that in most states filtering is legal but splitting isn't.