More cool ftr parts. Including chin spoiler

mark.lb

I watch all the upgrades and modifications many on the forum have made with great interest. But so far with the exception of adding white rim stripes I have not changed my FTR-RR from stock. I also own a 1977 Yamaha XS 750 I bought new in my youth. I added a Lockhart oil cooler and crash bar but otherwise it is still stock. I guess I am a “leave it stock” kind of guy. I am considering a “easy on easy off“ bar mount wind screen for highway use if I every take a trip with my friends but I have not pulled the trigger yet. Am I unusual or are there any others out there like me who just buy the bike they want and then pretty much leave it stock?

Unruly Rider

I watch all the upgrades and modifications many on the forum have made with great interest. But so far with the exception of adding white rim stripes I have not changed my FTR-RR from stock. I also own a 1977 Yamaha XS 750 I bought new in my youth. I added a Lockhart oil cooler and crash bar but otherwise it is still stock. I guess I am a “leave it stock” kind of guy. I am considering a “easy on easy off“ bar mount wind screen for highway use if I every take a trip with my friends but I have not pulled the trigger yet. Am I unusual or are there any others out there like me who just buy the bike they want and then pretty much leave it stock?
I typically dump a few grand in aftermarket parts for my bikes... the previous bike being the exception with over $15k spent in modifications. I can't leave ANYTHING alone... doesn't matter if it's guns, computers, motorcycles, etc.

Ultratoad

I typically dump a few grand in aftermarket parts for my bikes... the previous bike being the exception with over $15k spent in modifications. I can't leave ANYTHING alone... doesn't matter if it's guns, computers, motorcycles, etc.
I feel your pain.... I suffer from the same affliction.... lol....

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
All my modifications can be, and are usually reversed before selling the bike.

Generally you can recoup almost half of what you spent in parts, vs leaving them on your bike and loosing all your money.

Max Kool

Still wondering how that would look in combination with the Rizoma radiator "wings" in black....

Fuse5

Fyi if somebody interested.
Got the chin spoiler mounted today as a first test and see. Everything fit´s without any main work on it.
Come in raw condition (only inside) - black fiberglass - and even with technical component report (if somebody need it in the EU)

IMG_3531.JPG IMG_3532.JPG IMG_3535.JPG

mounted..

IMG_3522.JPG IMG_3523.JPG IMG_3524.JPG IMG_3526.JPG IMG_3527.JPG IMG_3528.JPG

You can use it as it is.. but if you would like do do a nice paintjob ..hydrographics coating ..or some simular
u will have do to a ´little main job` on it for a clear/plain/smooth outer surface.
I will see were i am going to with.

Unruly Rider

Fyi if somebody interested.
Got the chin spoiler mounted today as a first test and see. Everything fit´s without any main work on it.
Come in raw condition (only inside) - black fiberglass - and even with technical component report (if somebody need it in the EU)

View attachment 888 View attachment 889 View attachment 891

mounted..

View attachment 892 View attachment 893 View attachment 894 View attachment 895 View attachment 896 View attachment 897

You can use it as it is.. but if you would like do do a nice paintjob ..hydrographics coating ..or some simular
u will have do to a ´little main job` on it for a clear/plain/smooth outer surface.
I will see were i am going to with.
Looks awesome, I like that you can still access the filter area (from the looks of it).

Fuse5

Dont like the scratches and grooves on the outer surface on the chin (orig. design) and prepared it for a paint job..
The pic looks different as it is..

IMG_3536.JPG

Header shield of carbon was in ..raw condition.. thougt about to get the clearcot over..
(shit happens.. didn´t work that well ;):unsure: - sanded- next try)
IMG_3537.JPG

The S&S single can without an silencer is to loud for me and doesn´t fit any regs in here.
Try to find out a own type (made them in 2" and 4").

IMG_3538.JPG IMG_3539.JPG

Just a garage day..:rolleyes:;)

ferraiolo1

2021-2024 IMR Ambassador
Staff member
For the price, I’m pretty disappointed the chin spoiler isn’t coated in a somewhat glossy black paint.

I’ll still most likely buy one though!