MotoGP

edgelett

wow that was a fricking unreal race. excellent battles throughout. great to see some people standing up to the Marquez bowling ball haha.
I suspect that both factory Ducati seats may be possibly open later this year unless Pecco is able to gain some traction.

FTR London

Never really liked the Bugatti circuit, often the racing is broken, the track is awkward, completely flat in places or frequently off-camber. And the weather is shit. It does tend to be kind to tyres though and the grip is reasonably good.

That said, what a glorious weekend of racing!

How the hell DiGi (and Aleix) missed the falling Bez's bike in the sprint is beyond me. I think it brushed his front tyre. That start from Márquez and into the hairpin was one of the most incredible I think I've seen in recent years. Unfortunately, the crash in the morning's qualifying session completely ruined Pecco's day and forced him onto his number 2 bike. The loss of momentum probably affected him on Sunday too.

What a fabulous main race!. Enthralling. And to add to Pecco's woes, this really isn't what you want to see pop up on your dash with seven laps remaining...

IMG_20240513_192147442_MP.jpg

Imperious from Martin, but again, Pecco was lacking something extra that he might have had were it not for the disaster on Saturday. The last lap lunge from Marc capped it all. Credit to Martin, whose rear tyre was clearly ailing but for all his sweeping lines managed to ride defensively albeit on a circuit that is quite hard to pass.

Question is, who do Ducati give Enea's seat to? Got to feel sorry for the lad. Last year's season was a write off through no fault of his own and he is damn fast on his day. What to do about the champion elect? Martin has years of potential in him, whilst Márquez is on a mission and arguably has one more title in him to equal Rossi. Perhaps the fact that he sells a gazillion more bikes and merchandise than Jorge may come into play. There was a rumour that the factory seat was guaranteed providing that he took the satellite ride for a year. The satellite contract though was also to avoid contractual compensation to HRC. Could it be that Ducati want to poach Acosta in the long-term and Marc will keep the seat warm?

Whatever the reason for the choice, apparently we'll know in two races time by Mugello.

Got to feel for Mir and Fabio. In both cases they pushed the bikes beyond the limit as opposed to settling as an also ran. What more can they do?

Great to see the trad Castrol colours again on Zarco's LCR Honda.