My Bike Arrived After a Bit of a Wait & 2022 Radiator Shrouds

Irving

Well I just received my 2022 FTR - Number 12 off the production line. I bought the bike because it's an Indian and because I think it's the most beautiful design I've ever seen in a bike. It's ascetically perfect, nimble in a turn and it definitely has throttle response. Being new to a FTR I've been cautious but loving every moment.

I've also begun a few modifications with a few more to come. I'm waiting on new radiator shrouds so I have two 2022 to sell once the new one carbon fiber ones arrive.

1622038427202.png

Last edited:

Charliemurphay

Well I just received my 2022 FTR - Number 12 off the production line. I bought the bike because it's an Indian and because I think it's the most beautiful design I've ever seen in a bike. It's ascetically perfect, nimble in a turn and it definitely has throttle response. Being new to a FTR I've been cautious but loving every moment.

I've also begun a few modifications with a few more to come. I'm waiting on new radiator shrouds so I have two 2022 to sell once the new one carbon fiber ones arrive.

View attachment 3476
CzechSport? Couple of those on one of the fields I work at.

MarkS

Just curious, how do you know the number off the line? I got my 2022 a couple of weeks ago; I guess I have one of the earliest ones as well.

K9F

Just curious, how do you know the number off the line? I got my 2022 a couple of weeks ago; I guess I have one of the earliest ones as well.

Should be on your center tank panel near your key

MarkS I assume as you are interested in a swap on the other thread your own silver Akrapovics for a black set that you do not have a Carbon FTR which come with the black Akrapovics as standard? In that case you're in the 'Minion Club' with the rest of us and do not have one of the supposed limited numbers emblazoned on your center tank panel as mentioned above. If the pipes you're after are Worcester UK be prepared to get bent over for shipping. Hope they pan out for you?

:cool:😇

MarkS

MarkS I assume as you are interested in a swap on the other thread your own silver Akrapovics for a black set that you do not have a Carbon FTR which come with the black Akrapovics as standard? In that case you're in the 'Minion Club' with the rest of us and do not have one of the supposed limited numbers emblazoned on your center tank panel as mentioned above. If the pipes you're after are Worcester UK be prepared to get bent over for shipping. Hope they pan out for you?

:cool:😇
Aha, that's why I didn't see the number even after being told where to look. Yes, I have a 2022 FTR S. I assumed Worcester Mass, which is bad enough waiting for the shipping to NJ after pulling the cans, but UK is out of the question even given the couple of back up bikes I can ride while waiting.

Irving

Mine has a zero one two (012) one the top front of the air intake cover - just a bit south of the key.

EllenGtrGrl

Looks like a Czech Sport but it's a Vans RV-7A

Yeah, that's what I figured it was. I miss flying light planes - especially in the winter time, when the snowy landscape made you feel almost like you were a bush pilot in Alaska, but first the cost of flying chased me away (but I hoped to get back into it, when I was better off financially). Then, my cluster headaches medically disqualified me from flying planes. Oh well.

BTW, how does the 2022 FTR compare to the 2019 handling-wise?

Irving

Yeah, that's what I figured it was. I miss flying light planes - especially in the winter time, when the snowy landscape made you feel almost like you were a bush pilot in Alaska, but first the cost of flying chased me away (but I hoped to get back into it, when I was better off financially). Then, my cluster headaches medically disqualified me from flying planes. Oh well.

BTW, how does the 2022 FTR compare to the 2019 handling-wise?
I'm 5'10" so it's easier to flat foot and along with the Metzler tires make it easier to handle in slow and quick turns. There's no cold start issues so far even though it's been a chilly spring the last few days. All thumbs up so far.

Irving

Do you know what you will be asking for your '22 radiator covers? I'm in TN.
Not yet but I'm sure it will be reasonable. It doesn't make sense to just throw them out or try to squeeze someone for all you can get. Once they're available I can post their availability and if you're still interested could you Private Message me?

donlycan

Not yet but I'm sure it will be reasonable. It doesn't make sense to just throw them out or try to squeeze someone for all you can get. Once they're available I can post their availability and if you're still interested could you Private Message me?
Yes, very interested. How to private message?

FTRRCv2

Mine has a zero one two (012) one the top front of the air intake cover - just a bit south of the key.
That's interesting, I've had mine for about a month, one of the first on this forum I'm thinking? and it is 228. I wonder where the other 214 are? Mine was ordered, if it matters. The dealer just got their "stock" bike in last week, I'll have to check it's number next time I'm there.

Irving

That's interesting, I've had mine for about a month, one of the first on this forum I'm thinking? and it is 228. I wonder where the other 214 are? Mine was ordered, if it matters. The dealer just got their "stock" bike in last week, I'll have to check it's number next time I'm there.
I don't quite get it either. I ordered mine the end of January in Florida and nothing arrived so the dealership let me cancel my order in May as I was heading North and couldn't take delivery. Then I learned through CycleTrader that there was one available in Boston at the dealership so I end up with number 012 from Boston.